VistaLoader 3.0.0.1 + Intel i7 motherboard not working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rookiejas, Dec 8, 2008.

1. rookiejas

rookiejas MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    Hey all.

I've just got a new PC for the first time in 6 years. I've got a Intel i7 920 with the Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4. I've installed Vista Ultimate with SP1, using the ASUS ultimate CD-key. Now once I did that I disabled UAC and then used Vistaloader 3.0.0.1 (no logo). Once I restarted the PC it was activated and was looking good. So I started to install all the needed motherboard drivers and what not. I woke up this morning and found that the activation was canceled. It was kinda disappointing as I went to bed all happy about my new pc working. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall Vistaloader (no Logo).

This did not work :(. From what I've been reading some motherboards aren't supported, would that be my problem? Also trying to wait 3 mins after I apply the Intel logo (ASUS emulator), would this really work?

Anything else I could try?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rookiejas

rookiejas MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    x64

Thanks for the reply, but vista ultimate is a 64bit os and the program you have provided is a 32bit program, is there a 64bit one?

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    The program I have supplied is meant to be used from DOS..bootdisk is necssary, floppy or otherwise. If you get to the OS, then you got too far.....

If you have the x64 you should specify, as there is x86 also..Just FYI..

This bios should not be flashed from Windows at any rate...

There should be Qflash on the motherboard, but this is at your risk...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rookiejas

rookiejas MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    woah... steady as she goes. Used wow5 instead of vistaloader, which worked. I suggest using wow5 :p

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for that info!:)

Yeah, 'our' WoW is something special.....here at forums you can get a lot of useful stuff............;)

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yeah..I get carried away sometimes..in a hurry, late, etc..

The WOW IS special and if softmod is your thing, then this is the best so far..IMHO:D Much more so than the loaders I have seen..

Sorry for being a bit over zealous..Its my nature:eek::rolleyes:

8. odinthegreatone

odinthegreatone MDL Junior Member

Dec 4, 2008
    WOW is pretty good, easy to use with the instructions provided, so all the new x58 mobos can't use vistaloader?

9. zort

zort MDL Expert

Feb 19, 2008
    Different versions work for different people. But since it activated when he first tried it, I'm guessing the computer went into sleep mode and overwrote the SLIC when it resumed, like happened with Gigabyte boards and the original ISA mod.