Warning About Leaked Windows 8 RTM

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by JustNicky, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. generalsu

generalsu MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    No, because I am careful and I only trust official sources. A noob like you simply don't get what I am trying to convey.

2. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    #22 TCM, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Generally, you are correct when you say to only use official sources.

In this case, when you change 32 bytes and arrive at an "official" image, it's safe to say the first version is "official", too.

Edit: Of course, to verify this - because you shouldn't rely on random strangers in the forum - you'd have to get both versions and compare them. If you do this, you can use the MSDN version right away and don't bother with WZOR. So in the end, it boils down to trusting random strangers on the Internet or get the MSDN version.

3. johnnygt

johnnygt MDL Senior Member

Jun 18, 2011
    at least it keeps all the noobs in one place ...well almost !!!! :D

4. Ducati

Ducati MDL Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I always feel like
    Somebody's watchin' me
    And I have no privacy
    Oh, I always feel like
    Somebody's watching me
    Tell me is it just a dream

When I come home at night
    I bolt the door real tight
    People call me on the phone, I'm trying to avoid
    But can the people on TV see me or am I just paranoid

I don't know anymore
    Are the neighbors watching me
    Well is the mailman watching me
    And I don't feel safe anymore, oh what a mess
    I wonder who's watching me now--- (BOO!)........:eek: :D

5. joenamond

joenamond MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Sounds to me like you did not get the official WZT leak or you installed some virus on it along the way. The leak was freaking everywhere
    and you have to make sure you're getting the correct one.

I've been using WZT's leak to paypal, internet bank... credit card payments. My emails haven't been hi-jacked or anything either.

The first thing I did after installing windows 8 was to install kaspersky IS techncal preview 2013 AV as windows defender is unreliable.

6. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    You're just mad cuz you have to reinstall Windows 8 all over again.

7. generalsu

Jul 30, 2009
    I have been using the WZT version for over 10 days and everything works fine. I got a few freezes while installing too many programs at once and doing backups for some odd reason. The MSDN version is clean cut and freeze free.

I would definitely recommend the MSDN version with the official hash of course.

8. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    :busted_blue: OH!! Too Scary!! :busted_blue:
    I also installed WZor leaked version and you know what, I lost my job the same day :bicycle:, my electricity bill suddenly increased :negative:, my house gas meter bursted the same day, my watch suddenly started to act weird and showed me 01-01-0001 as date :eek:, my laptop wallpaper changed to a devil face and I am unable to change wallpaper.....o_O I am too scary !! Please don't install leaked WZor ISO image. If you have installed MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.ENTERPRISE.RTM.X86.VOLUME.ENGL ISH.DVD-WZT, through away your laptop at least 200 KM away from your house. Buy a new one, download MSDN leaked image and come again to this thread and report your safety here. I am too worried about all of you.....:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. joenamond

joenamond MDL Junior Member

Aug 3, 2012
    People who installed the right drivers don't have freezing. It has nothing to do with the leak vs the mdsn iso.

10. danielkza

danielkza MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2012
    #30 danielkza, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    Altering the 32 bytes in the leaked image and checking if the SHA1 matches MSDN's is sufficient: creating a SHA1 collision for a file this large while creating a still working image is effectively impossible.

11. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    I was reading this thread and suddenly fell asleep. I had a bad dream :busted_cop: Russion :grabbounce: KGB :sniper: Red Army :boxing: Bill Gates Black Agency :rocket: Steve :hummer: I was scary :weeping:!! I have just hired a chopper :spacecraft: from local company. I just want to through away this lappy thing :throw: having MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.8.ENTERPRISE.RTM.X86.VOLUME.ENGL ISH.DVD-WZT installed. I just want to get rid of it :sofa:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. bseos

bseos MDL Member

Dec 5, 2007
    lol @ technical preview being more reliable than windows defender developed for win8 from the birth of the OS

13. azlvda

azlvda MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    funny
    even more

14. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Ugh. Anyone claiming the WZT release isn't the same as the MS release: Look into what the difference actually is and stop embarassing yourself for believing this nonsense.

There is no practical difference.
    I do have to wonder how this thread got approved in the first place. :rolleyes:

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To have all pseudo doubts clarified in one thread, so they cannot spread everywhere. ;)
    You know, others know and we know that there is no relevant difference. :biggrin:

16. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    LMAO!!!! This stuff about the leaked version is too comical. Nice to have a few laughs over this total BS about the leaked version. Generalsu seems very paranoid.

17. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    In PcBeta(and other Chinese forums), those people who uninstall their WZOR OS and install the MSDN's are called neat freaks. :laie:

18. Bluemax

Bluemax MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2008
    MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8 PROFESSIONAL RTM X64 ENGLISH DVD-WZT
    SHA-1: E63C1D3733532ABC7AB28F3D61526E361E80271A

Is clean??

19. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    :eek:oh boy read this thread from the first page :bash:

20. Boyfriend

Feb 10, 2010
    No. It is dirty :eek: Wash it with antibacterial soap to make it clean :movingtongue: