WAT (antipiracy update) released unofficaly....official launch at 17/02

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by SoLoR, Feb 1, 2010.

1. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

Yen you've watched the date of signature, it is a very old version of the WAT you are referring to here.

2. Elle233

Elle233 MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    What do you mean by "very old version of the WAT"? Has WAT been implemented?

3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'm guessing what the official version will do...I'm not referring to anything public yet....it's just a guessing game, nothing else.
    Elle233 a version has been leaked already...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

Not yet, but every week a new version comes out and this version is still a bit out dated.
    Exactly correct, otherwise make no sense, but I think the final WAT and SP1 is a perfect combination of operating system and online database check. ;)

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    But if gldr slic matches the make of your pc (so acer slic and acer bios), will it hold loaders then?
    And what do you mean by checking for more acpitables? 2 slics in ram or what? Then the loader just needs to overwrite the bios slic as far as I know

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    From looking inside watweb.dll, it seems to do things like query the manufacturer of the PC, and do things such as "GetSystemFirmwaretable" and so on. Is this related to bios mods?

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Hmm it's getting interesting

9. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think the best solution when wat comes out will be to activate just with a loader and at the same time something like remove wat that does nothing but letswat think the slic is real.
    Is it possible to see with a disassembler what wat expects to recieve from the server in case windows is genuine?

10. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

If the function fails for any other reason, the return value is zero.
    (last wat relase from last week)

11. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Well then just (I understand that can't be don "just") give wat a 1 and let it think that comes from the server, right?

12. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

Then, after working hard and it changes every week, much more should we wait for the final version. ;)

13. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    But they can't change much every time, if they change the whole way it works it makes no sense why they already made this. And I don't say a crack should already be made, but just that from now on we have to look what it does and look wat changes in every new version so we are prepared for what needs to be done when it's released.

14. OEM-USER

OEM-USER Guest

Many teams are working on it and who can say which is now the real final, it is better to wait, in which direction all this is clear. ;)

15. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Does anyone think that this technique will be employed for Vista as well as W7 or is it a W7 only change?

16. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    As far as I know vista is getting it to

17. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    so say we have a asrock mobo with a different brand slic installed because there is no official asrock one. or another off name brand mobo with the same thing and we used a dell slic to mod the bios. wil this new check affect us with a modded bios like this? or for the number of others who originally used dell or others when all of the current ones were not available? i have a number of systems with the same mobo all modded with dell slic because there was no asrock one.

or will any bios mod be pretty much safe after this?

18. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It is really hard to say what the official WAT will do. From what I heard this unofficial version really did not do that much so IDK. I would assume though that they will check that though being how seeing the MoBo name electronically is pretty easy to do(Look at Everest). Again we will just have to wait for the official build to show.