What do you think about Electric Cars?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Katzenfreund, Aug 24, 2017.

?

Will your next car be electric?

1. My next car will be electric

2. I’ll wait several years for prices to drop

3. I’m not convinced by them, I’ll buy conventional

4. I am undecided, far more info is required

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    And I repeat:

Time after time, in this thread alone, you have been definitively proven WRONG and yet you keep insisting on idiotic ideas, like:

1) "having to charge the batteries 7 times a day" (poor taxi drivers who have to sit and wait for hours and hours - for what?!? even the busiest of them can drive 2 days without having to recharge),

2) "not being able to travel even 250 km in a go" (and EVs do go twice that nowadays),

3) "EVs not being able to travel very far because of no charging stations" (EU, US etc. are not exactly poor in supercharger stations AND they are expanding quite rapidly),

4) "batteries not being able to move bigger vehicles" (look above and eat your heart out!!! :p ),

5) "not being able to function in cold climates" (look at all of the above posts, from my first post onwards, a third of Tesla's sales are in cold climate countries)

6) "We will never see effective EV vans and even trucks (buahahahaaaa)" - and then... boom... how many have we seen so far?!?

7) "electricity production is fossil fuel dependent" - oh, well, we have seen that ever more % of electricity production goes to the renewables by the day, less to coal!

8) as anyone can see, better, more powerful and faster charging batteries are on their way, while their price is falling,

9) EVs are getting cheaper, too etc. etc. etc. etc.

10) EV trucks will be cheaper to run than the ones run by fossil fuel

...and the list goes on and on... and I shall continue updating it, just so you have NO PLACE TO HIDE!!!! :D :D :D

HAVE YOU NO SHAME?!?!?!?!?!? HAVE YOU NO MINIMAL CAPABILITY FOR REFLECTION AND INTROSPECTION?!?

I mean, anyone with minimal capacities to understand things will be seeing you looking ever more stoopid by the post - but don't let that stop ya!!! We're 'avin' a larf!!!! :p :p :p

Oh, no, wait: You will have stopped the Earth, so your gas guzzling dinosaurs can continue roaming the Earth untroubled by new technology, these new species coming to the scene, disturbing the conservative fossil fuel peace... Yep, anything to have them not rated as what they are, so you guys do not have to pay higher taxes on them... :rolleyes: Poor you!

No problem, dear Gods, all you need to do is:

1) keep making new fossil fuel deposits in the Earth's crust, where we can cheaply and easily extract them.

2) Stop science and technology advances in energy production, storage and distribution.

3) Clean the atmosphere of pollutants, including the exhaust pipe ones...

That's it. Job done.

Go on. Dazzle us!

:rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Now, if can just interrupt for an instant the “friendly exchange of niceties”, I’d like to get back on topic for a change..

I’ve just discovered this, I don’t know if it has already been posted, the thread is too long for lazy me to go thru. So it seems there are already large electric buses in circulation, in The Netherlands for example.

In Netherlands you can travel by electric buses
    March 7, 2017

In the Netherlands, in the city of Eindhoven and Helmon, from a few months there are 43 electric buses in operation.

The Netherlands at the beginning of 2016 announced that it would achieve a zero-emission mobility within a few years and this is just the first big step. They are 8 meters long electric that can carry more passengers than traditional ones and are recharged in just 30 minutes.

https://ecobnb.com/blog/2017/03/netherlands-electric-buses/

3. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Instead of charge stations, Why don't they just build induction chargers right into the pavement, you can go any and everywhere and never have to stop to re-charge!

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: my posts seem to be spurlos versenkt..:confused: the lill green men strike again...

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Somebody did some cleaning in this thread

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    not before time, joe, but why me? no raised fingers, no nothing...:sofa:

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Joe C: Good. It was long overdue.

@nodnar: That's why I said nothing and simply didn't reply. I saw the broom coming. :D

This whole bickering and name calling thing is completely imbecile and childish.

Enough said...

9. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Don't you know that it is always the walrus' fault ? :p

10. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    lol. unlike a pink one who shall be nameless, and unlike a green one too..:D

11. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    funny thing, i cant seem to find post#485 by mj, where she said that if this thread would get moderated, there would be nothing left..;) :g:
    very thorough, those lill green men.

12. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    :D

13. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    It's the season's goblins, known as elves or leprechauns in Ireland.

I've had posts of mine deleted too, without doing anything.

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    It's The Langoliers

They gobble up the crap around here but sometimes the innocent get eaten too

15. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    :D @ The Langoliers. A very good Steven King novel and movie.

Crap. I forgot gorski was in it. :laie:

16. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    True, however since it is Christmas here is a small morsel for you gorski.
    Last October 28th I purchased the battery for my project and that cost $344.99.
    I just checked the price from the same distributor for the same battery and it is now $441.90.

So your saying how the battery technology is getting cheaper is total BS.

Merry Christmas troll boy. :D

17. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Everything is on "sale" now for the Christmas season, I know how these sales work because I got a 250gb Samsung 960 SSD for $117. in October and now that it is on "sale" for the holiday's, it's only $127.

18. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015

We will see. :)

19. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The thread has been cleaned up...by a moderator.
    With best intention to keep it on topic.
    Such a job is not easy and probably some posts of members which were not directly involved have been cleaned, too. It's mostly unavoidable.

It would be nice to debate about the topic and keep up the awareness why we actually are doing that....
    We have different opinions, we can argue with facts. But finally we are not here to attack/defend ourselves.
    We gather different facts, we post sources, news and make up our minds.

We do not gain something or lose something personal by own opinions and hence we don't need name calling. Nobody 'dies' because of somebody who has got another opinion.

It's about a tech. for humankind which has potential to change something. It is a suitable way of driving cars with renewable energies. EVs are actually older than fossil fuel vehicles. I think it was 1832..1769 steam, but 1863 internal combustion.
    Nobody knows if they will become permanently established this time. And there are valid objections! Still unsolved problems....no question.

If they succeed or fail in the sense of a cleaner energy and responsible dealing with nature depends on the humans intentions....it's up to us.

Merry Christmas. :)

20. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: well, @Yen, you crossed swords with our very own in-house
    philosopher often enough, i know. but never ever it got down to calling
    fellow members every name under the sun.that cannot be the intention in a
    serious discussion, i think. and when that happens, it has gone more than
    far enough. and; a moderator has to keep an eye on it.

merry xmas to you, and to alextheg and bobsheep too..