What is the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by sid_16, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I'm sure you and Tesla were best buds, and knew each other well.;)
    WTF did you get any idea that I am taking anything away from Tesla? I simply stated 1. he was genius, 2. those with big corporate minds took advantage of him, because he lacked that type of business sense.
    (but he did without question show signs of having asperger symptoms)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Where? Hmmm...

Alzheimer started, eh? Condolences...

Unless "strange" and "no sense", as in "stupidly naive" is a "praise"... Well, not in my Universe but OK... :rolleyes:

Tesla's generous nature (best principles as his core) is well documented, so your irony proves your ignorance AND you're "bragging" about it aggressively... Swell...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
  4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    omg, you escaped pink bot. we are just people giving our genuine opinion about the meaning of life.
    -we are not evil.
    we do no harm
    -so no need to scream at us.
    you do not have to try to make yourself popular, but a little moderation would help things along a lot.
    just my two cents,

5. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    :laie: pink bot.

:D

6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    #566 nodnar, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    sad, actually:(
    was about to say something of the kind yesterday, but stopped in my tracks.
    live and let live, was what i thought then.
    but he goes on and on saying nasty things.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's obvious that geniuses such as Tesla and Van Gogh appear strangely. Einstein for instance had the same suit multiple times just to have to make no decision what to choose to wear all the time.
    They are 'socially' remarkable...
    When Gogh cut his ear he was upset about Paul Gauguin and intoxicated by absinthe...and it's not quite clear if it was Gauguin himself who did it and spread the (false) news.

Zen's post is very right. He did not post just being happy all the time. "feeling completed and peaceful when you leave this world."
    This comes from presence and relation to the now.

There is human development AND ones current state of consciousness.

It plays actually no role what's about the human spiritual development.."when you leave this world".
    When making a statement about human spiritual development one has to do it by a retrospective / thoughts. But what's 'happening' is solely dependent on ones 'relation' to the now.

When one is distracted with a restless mind 'lower' dualisms become manifest and major part of current life situations. (Emotions 'emoveo', how can I get this?, I need to do that, I don't have any time left, I have to do a lot of things, I need something new, stress, consume, restlessness etc etc...)

Does now one have to 'wait' for further human spiritual development?
    No. One can rely on spirituality now and get insight on the process of 'derivation'.

Just simply consider the own spectrum of consciousness how wide it is and has appeared during lifetime so far. In which colors and flavors. In other words how differently you reflect your environment / life-situations depending on current state of consciousness.

8. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    I'll pretend I understand that, Yen... :D

MJ, I wrote about that when some "geniuses" here advocated eugenics. Some are still here and I can't recall you standing up to them. But I did. Vehemently! So, I'll take no lessons on something I wrote about here, as one of rare big Tesla's failings (a prevailing idea at the time, with many of the "great and good", like Churchill etc.). Everything else (of the big kind) about the man was outstanding! Yes, we need to reduce our numbers significantly but through education and improvement of the quality of life, modernisation and subjectivisation of women (as in "creating conditions when they stop being objects of their male family members, their husbands etc.") and so on.

Noddy, this pink bot s*it is in no way funny or anywhere near the ballpark, as in not even in the same galaxy - so, actually really sad, as I didn't expect that from you... If you can't see a genuine person arguing rationally and competently - oh, well...

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    now don`t you go throw abuse at me, please. if you do not want to be called a bot, then stop arguing rationally and competently`` . you fail to make friends that way.for your information.
    and as long as some mod does not give you some time to cool off,if you behave like a bot arguing rationally and competently`,,you risk getting called just that.

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    #570 gorski, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    You are the one abusing me right now, Noddy! I did not start with you (quite the opposite!)! You did just now! Period! No debate, no discussion! I did not say anything bad about you! You did about me! Comprende?!?

And those I responded to - like with you just now! - I did not start it in those terms. But I have the right to respond in kind! Especially if a right-wing mob is mobbing me constantly! It wasn't the first time this has happened! You forgot the eugenics club here? The alt-right, "white superiority" trash who have had a ball here? I stood up to them! And if it is just me - so be it!

Mercifully, I wasn't the only one. Some admin stepped in and told them off and sent some of them packing. And you don't remember that? You don't want to remember the context for this? That I was the one who blew the whistle on those racist a*holes and that they never forget and keep hounding me?!? The logic is simple: THROW A STONE AND RUN and PRETEND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! They all play on laziness of people to check who started it. And you bought it wholesale! But I challenge you to go back and jog your memory, if you really are the good guy you say you are!

So, stop being obtuse and "trying to make friends" over other people's back, especially if I am innocent of the charges you laid down at my door!

As for you trying to be friends with such people, have a look at this photo attached! Btw, for me this answers the thread's title better than any of your waffling on the subject!!! And obviously, I have the spine to do that for all the right reasons! Call it my spirituality!

Attached Files:

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    gorski, you could be a well liked and respected person here if only you would do the same to others here.
    This is not rocket science or some kinda psycho babble stuff. Just courtesy towards others

12. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    So, I take it that you're upset with the fact that Tesla (a figure from our history) also felt that there were / are too many "stupid" people on the planet.

For those who took the time to know me, you'll see that I do -NOT- engage people whose ideals go too far outside the norm.

I don't engage bigotry -or- eugenics; I don't give those subjects life by responding to them. Okay. Maybe I'll poke fun at them.

But that's me.

Just a thought: How do you "teach" someone that they're just too stupid to make the cut?

And, (Theoretically speaking) what happens when they get clever enough to create weapons of mass-destruction.
    And decide that you are the enemy because you're saying that "their kind" should learn not to live?

Don't tell me it's not possible, because I could go into pretty much any grocery or hardware store and come out with enough stuff
    to create a terrorist weapon. Granted a crude one, but a weapon nonetheless.

Not that I ever will, mind you.

I'll make my position crystal clear, so that even the "stupid ones" can understand.

I hate the world. But I love the people who wander around it. They're all that really matters.

If you never forget that, things like bigotry and eugenics never come up in conversation.
    And if they do, they're promptly ignored.

13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Joe, a number of people here to whom I vehemently object were not in any way neither minimally 'recognising' others, nor 'respectful' to anyone who differed from them and they do hold racist views, defend eugenics, for instance, and so on. I stood up to that! And I shall continue to do so! You may call me "disrespectful" but I reject that completely! I rest my case.

MJ, Tesla couldn't have known what we do know today. We mustn't judge him by today's standards of Science. He could have done better, though. It was not mandatory to hold such views, of course, so I was critical to that, also...

14. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    ‘When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.’
    Edmund Burke, ‘Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents’

Later it was "translated" for easier memorising: ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks for the honest reply. :):p

16. Michaela Joy

Jul 26, 2012
    @gorski: It's all relative. :)

Compare Tesla with Edison and (IMHO) Edison was a just a good businessman.
    Tesla was the true visionary there. We also must remember what He brought to the table; AC power, which revolutionized society.

As opposed to these guys. https://unit731.org/

So...yeah. Tesla had some negative thoughts, but His good nature and altruism outweighed his bad thoughts.

17. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Jesus, unit 731 was truly a horror:eek:o_O

18. JohnDeWoll

JohnDeWoll MDL Novice

Dec 9, 2019
    The meaning of life is to strive well for an audacious goals.
    – Ray Dalio

19. woistmeinauto

woistmeinauto MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2017
    The meaning of life is God, he is running a show, you may be in pain, happy, alive, well or dead. God does not feel remorse or pain or happiness and it will stop only when he wants it to stop.
    Things are only so because he wants it to be so. There is no other meaning than what God wants, why does he want? How does he want? Of that nobody has any knowledge, so nobody truly knows the meaning of life except him.
    There is no logical explanation for the beginning of the universe, there is no logical explanation for the beginning of life. The mechanism and behaviour of life is a mystery. Theories out there make no sense and the little sense they could make is not on a level comparable to creationism.

The whole thing runs every day without any apparent power to enforce it, from a scientific standpoint that's ridiculous, like no PC runs without power, no universe runs without power. So there is a power beyond imagination, a power of existence, a power that exists and makes exist and this whole thing is his work.

It's unbelievable how many people there are that thinks atheism actually makes sense. As a means of fighting religions, it's preached globally while it has no base as of yet.

20. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    To me, it's 'A moment of confusion. A limited engagement Positively no refunds.'