What phrase or words that you hate/despise in your every day life that people use?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jayblok, Oct 30, 2014.

1. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    These are mine:
    "That being said..." "awesome ""love it""it is what it is ""MEH"​
    :biggrin:

2. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
  3. CheckItOut

CheckItOut MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    No offence... How can something coming after those words be non-offensive?

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Any swearword is made to start / continue a rant, not to clarify things...

'it is as it is' is actually a sort of wisdom. It addresses ego at first sight (invitation that one should surrender), but it also offers the opportunity that finally anything depends on own relative interpretations and can point to a better view as well. One can find that at every day matters. What first seems to be a bad issue can turn out to be a good lesson, but this applies to the opposite as well. Nobody actually has to hate / despise it is an own issue.

My contribution: Any swearword. But I 'despise' to catch myself at being not aware of an actually senseless mechanism by feeding a rant (after becoming aware of it). Finally I am human with all its weakness....and one should be able to recognize this weakness at others as well... a blind re-action keeps issues alive. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    despise? how about dmca request? ;)
    the nice thing about rants, no matter how wicked they are, is that they are a cry from the heart..
    i can forgive a lot because of that.. guilty of it myself sometimes.. although i have learned not
    to swear by now.. :biggrin3:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    there you go,,there you go,there you go,,there you go,there you go,,there you go,there you go,,there you go,there you go,,there you go,..............................................................................................................................

7. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Well, with that being said... I hate when people say "geen idee", which is translated into "no idea". It's like they don't know any awesome ideas to tell to others so nobody can love it... meh..

:p

8. Lary_the_0

Lary_the_0 MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2014
    "I am not just saying that"

^ not my favorite.

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
  10. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
  11. merikiito

merikiito MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    "Take a chill pill"

I always think its a shame that when someone says this that their mother didn't take a contraceptive pill LOL

12. merikiito

merikiito MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2010
    also "no brainer"

If you didn't have a brain surely your idea would be stupid?????

13. mackphx

mackphx MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2013
    hate it when "awesome" is used to describe everything good, use of "literally" when it's not.

14. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    I hate it when I hear the word "Queer" which I think is aimed at an insult towards gay men, The word "Gay" is fine is suppose but queer just sounds so prejudice

15. mockingbird

mockingbird MDL Member

Mar 13, 2011
    This is one that has spread amongst the minions:

"It's Déjà vu all over again"

Do they know that literally that translates to "It's all over again all over again".

16. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    #16 jayblok, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    (OP)
    People in Interviews Say “That’s a Good/Great Question”....OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

17. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    This is a spanish phenomina...

When you say something and a spanish person says "wah happened?"

I usualy retort with "Your house burned down..."

:D

18. BrianCohen

BrianCohen Guest

i hate "txt" speak with a passion. :mad:

i also cannot abide "chav" talk. boss blood bro bruv init etc. they sound retarded. have heard stories of those little t***s talking like that at job interviews, then moan jobs go to immigrants whose ingleesh may not be correct, but at least they bother.

19. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Since the word "literally" is used, the literally accurate translation is "It's Already seen all over again". And though it sounds redundant, and usually is, it could actually happen in practice, if a "Déjà vu" event happens for a second time.

The above because I am idle right now and feel pedantic.

20. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Awesomesauce

Don't ask.