What phrase or words that you hate/despise in your every day life that people use?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jayblok, Oct 30, 2014.

1. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Trump and the words Health Care & Climate Change :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Should of been !!! :eek: Apparently should've is a contraction of should of :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Would've
    Could've
    Should've

:rofl:

4. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    I don't know if this qualifies for "everyday life", but I hate it when our beloved politicians and the lamestream media use the word "reform". For example, Social Security reform. This is really insider code for "Congress has borrowed tons of money from the Social Security Trust Fund for the last 50 years or so and they have absolutely no intention of paying it back". Instead, We The People will be forced to accept about 70% or less of the Social Security benefits we planned on having for our retirement. This began with LBJ trying to seek the start-up costs of Medicare/Medicaid from Congress while trying to pay for the Vietnam War and the Apollo Moon Program at the same time, and forcing Congress to pass a bill which would allow the Federal government to borrow the money. This so-called "borrowing" from the Social Security Trust Fund has continued unabated ever since then.

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    oh, it qualifies for everyday life alright. john.:D

6. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Not only did the U.S. citizens get ripped off from their SS but now the govt considers it as an "entitlement"

7. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Whatever you do do not watch the news:weep::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Some are Happy:clap:
    Some or not:weep:

8. bloodstone

bloodstone MDL Novice

Mar 5, 2017
    i like it when people say lol instead of actually laughing, but i can't deal with them saying rofl or worse, roflcopter

9. nova2

nova2 Guest

"how are you?" - nobody really wants to know, don't try to be honest...

10. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I don't actually hate the word, but when it is being used way too often in a sentence: "Actually".

11. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    "They are the exact same thing"---> Well,if they are "exact",it should be the "same".... :tooth:

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Isn't 'the exact same thing' = one?

For instance: "I use the same toothbrush as you." It means the same model but not a certain toothbrush (not your toothbrush for instance).

If I use 'exactly' the same as you I'd use your toothbrush.

Dunno. The German language differentiates: "Die Gleiche" and "dieselbe". Both translates to "the same"
    (Die Gleiche = same model a duplicate of it, dieselbe = a certain toothbrush which exists only one time.)
    :D

13. Webster Bud

Webster Bud MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2019
    I couple that "Drive me crazy" ..."I myself"...."going forward"..."So".

14. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #74 PointZero, Mar 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022

15. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

IF your answer to “have you stopped beating your wife” is yes, it means that you admit to having beaten your wife in the past. IF your answer is no, it means you admit to that AND that you continue to do so. If you have not ever beaten your wife, then neither yes nor no is an acceptable answer.

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    When I was I kid in the 1960's it was legal to beat your wife, and it was expected if she stepped out of line.

17. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
    Lawyers have a term for it: Entrapment. ;)

18. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    - Don't worry!
    - Everything is gonna be ok!
    - Trust me!

Especially when all the 3 comes in a pack and said in this order!
    ;)

19. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    "my bad"
    the next person who says that to me better make sure i don't have anything solid and blunt in my hand

20. Crucibull

Crucibull MDL Junior Member

Sep 29, 2020
    Censored, marijuana, and super! :ablow: