what u think is better ? xp or 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by _office_, Nov 1, 2009.

1. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    Who remembers when XP came out and everyone whined and bitched it was crap. Now XP is the defacto standard. I read a good article the other day on WinXP reviews back when it came out.

XP had a lot worse adoption rate than Vista or 7 ever will or did, and most people hated it more than Vista. The reason it is the defacto standard now is mostly due to the wait on Vista, after XP SP2 came out most people switched to XP. This was 2003 about (around the same time as Server 2003), and since there was no new OS on the horizon (MCE doesn't really count and that was 2005), as hardware died XP was put in its place. The same will be true for 7 I think but we will see. MS with Sinofsky in the head of Windows is a step in the right direction. Now if they could only fire Balmer then MS might gain some reputation back.

2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Totally agree.
    Win7 stands now where xp was at it's early days, with xp being worse off then. The advantage on xp over time was the lack of a new os, giving xp plenty of time to improve it's compatibility issues and performance, and to slowly take over pc's all over the world.
    Give it some time to improve and resolve it's (little) issues, and win7 will be better then xp and vista together. It has allready proven to be one of the most versatile os'es ever to be published by m$ (excluding server editions off course).

3. ennio

ennio Guest

Don't to worry. Just kidding. The best OS is the one you are using now. And every Windows OS, except 98 SE and Me, were better that its predecessor.

4. ennio

ennio Guest

Balmer to Microsoft is just as Hector Ruiz to AMD. That bastard nearly destroyed AMD.

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009

You forgot Vista, dude...
    Like Millenium in it's days, i find it just horrible

6. ennio

ennio Guest

Not true. I had the best experience with Vista, even better than with XP.

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    IMO all dot zero kernel version OS'es are (were) a lot worse than their successors, what's logical.....

IMHO W7 is the best, Vista is a bluff package.... XP is also a good one.
    I'd kick oneself if I had spent one cent for Vista....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    I agree. Simply horrible...i said it before. it's the millenium of the new millenium, only worse.

9. Viglen

Viglen MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Win 7 FTW :)

10. ennio

ennio Guest

Vista was not accepted well because people wanted to run her on outdated hardware, which was great for XP. I found Vista better because she was really a new OS. 7 is not a new OS, but it is so optimized and corrected that nobody can say anything bad, except for MAC look - my opinion.

Second, and the most important thing is Balmer. He promoted here. I mean he would destroy Unix release 40 years ago. :)

11. ennio

ennio Guest

Please tell me what kind of problems you had with Vista.
    Just curious.

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #52 genuine555, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    1. terribly slow in comparison with xp. boot up about 1,5 minutes slower.
    2. gui much slower then xp, because of it's newer architecture and lack of compatibility with wddm drivers back then...

3. explorer was a pain in the royal b**tt, cause of those automatic shifts when browsing the left pane.

4. complexity of the gui is simply a mess. You need to look hard for order in the chaos. It's like a blocked view of the forrest because of the trees.

5. crashes and errors were abundend in vista, and don't tell me u didn't experience those, everybody did.

6. UAC in vista was terrible. I still turn it off in win7 cause of it's redundanty. That's right, it's still redundant imho, when u run a good AV+FW combo with Defence+.
    But in Vista, it was just plain annoying even in socalled silent mode.

I can keep on going if u like, but i'd just be anoying u, wouldn't i ? :D

Let's just keep it at that, it's clear enough...and i think many agree with me. :rolleyes:

EDIT : it's the only OS i litterally threw away, and i've been around since the time when the first 80386 pc's with dos 5.0 and about 1mb mem ruled the world. Not even millenium was that disappointing. sry

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Let me add one fact:

Compare our Vista and W7 forum amount of posts / threads, keep in mind how old Vista already is...the same is the response M$ got about Vista compared to W7....
    Most prefer W7 compared to Vista.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Most prefer anything over Vista. Let's just be honest, it was a fluke. To me it's like an early Beta of Win7 :p

15. ennio

ennio Guest

#55 ennio, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Code:
    5. crashes and errors were abundend in vista, and don't tell me u didn't experience those, everybody did.

I never had BSOD, because I used good hardware and tested applications. So, that is the reason I never had problems with Vista.
    I had problems with sleep and hibernation with some PC's not all, and truth to be told that was not corrected even today.

All in all, this is just a personal opinion and with your problems I can't agree, because I haven't experienced them.
    I like Vista GUI and UAC wasn't the problem at all.

16. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #56 genuine555, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017

Then by all means, use it.:D

17. ennio

ennio Guest

Of course, why not. :)

And , win95.