What was the first game you ever played?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by carvercasey, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Duke Nukem 3D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IceProphet

IceProphet MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2010
    Cosmos Cosmic Adventures and Duke Nukem (DOS) were a couple of my firsts on PC. Then I got an NES, and it was Super Mario Bros.

3. kevitj5rwh

kevitj5rwh MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2010
    Mine was chucky egg on the Amstrad. First game I got addicted to. Later it would be Jet Set Willy and Dailley Thomspons Olypmics but it all started with chucky egg.

Anybody else have an early Amstrad? I remember having to plan hours in advance if you wanted to play because of the amount of time it would take for the games to load. Ah great days.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I guess it was Pong on Atari 2600... one of the best game on that console was Frogger and later Hero.
    Later came ZX Spectrum-->C64--->Amiga 500--->PS1--->PC1-->PC2-->PC3-->PC4 (all PC's based on 80x86)

First games I was addicted:
    Millenium 2.2, Future Wars, Fighter Bomber, Elite.

Cool and great days...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dunc1234

dunc1234 MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2010
    a rally bad version of pong type into a zx81 ( i feel so old) however my favourite addictive game was jet set willey II . fabulous

6. coolwop

coolwop MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2010
    Pong I guess on some kind of machine my father had but I can't remember.... then surely Pac-man and Frogger

7. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    My first game I think was something called Micro Man for Windows 3.1... it was about a guy who got shrunk and stuck inside an electronic circuit lol

8. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    My first game was Super Mario Bros in the NES.

9. Dre009

Dre009 MDL Addicted

Oct 26, 2009
    I think the first game i ever played was the Super Mario World on SNES. I really love playing it back then.

10. geeza23

geeza23 MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2010
    probably was some racing games i can't even remember the name

11. NeverDark

NeverDark MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2010
    My first game was Paperboy on my SNES! I can still remember the audio from a perfectly delivered paper or the angry noise made when you broke a window. I love that game!

12. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    pong or tennis on the old atari console and played frogger on old bbc computer

OMG I am old.

did do a few games on oric computer had to program yourself took like a day to three weeks for some games.:)

13. andy_s

andy_s MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    I also played the likes of pong on an old TV plug in thingy in the 70's. Moved onto the space invaders and defender pub table games. First type of 'console' game would be Treasure Island Dizzy on the Atari ST.. happy days lol.

14. xlife18

xlife18 MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2010
    Super Mario classic was something that got me into gaming :)

15. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Either Goonies II and Super Mario Bros. for NES, I was 3 years old.

16. asudo

asudo MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2010
    #76 asudo, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
    Super Mario it was my first game and one of the my best favourite game as well, Still I play this game some time. Excellent game and I get the very enjoy from play this game.

17. beejay

beejay MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2010
    OMG I'm oooooooold...

...Glad I seem not to be the only one around here :D

First game ever was something like Pong, on a little white TV console that had like 8 different versions hardcoded (hardwired??) into it.

Then the usual suspects, as new "high tech" became available for all those ataris, commodores and so on, but always at friends places, as my parents hated that stuff. (back then already, imagine :p )

My first PC game was on my first self built machine, cost about the same as a decent compact car, I think a 486DX33 (yes, that's 33 MHz for the youngsters here :p ) with a whopping 4MB RAM and a *colour* Graphics Adapter with like 256KB dedicated RAM and a XGA *colour* monitor..."Bards Tale", anyone else remember that?
    You had to draw your own maps for the dungeons, and it took about a year to play it fully through lmao.

Good old times :worthy:

BeeJay

18. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    #78 burfadel, Dec 19, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
    Well, a 486 DX was fast enough to play Doom, Doom 2, Need for Speed (original game), etc.

What about Kings Quest, Space Quest, leisure suit larry etc :) all old graphical games that you could run on a lowly 8mhz 8086 25 years ago...!

Its hard to remember the first one I played, I reckon it was one of 'The Red Baron', Elevator, Frogger, or castle. The first three were tied to the speed of an 8086, meaning if you played them on a 80286 and above, it would run too fast! Hence the advent of the RTC, it would really make game development hard without it!...

19. beejay

beejay MDL Junior Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I never got into the larry games, but now that you mention it...I think I recall having something like an 8086 compatibility mode?

Anyhow, I don't remember the different games I played on my friends computers, only one, on a VC20 (<1MHz)...something where you drove a truck, and you had to spend money on tires and diesel and stuff and choose your freight in order to make money...can you remember that one?

BeeJay

20. Elma

Elma MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Mario is really a classic one.I begun to play it since I was a three-year-old girl. Sweet memories.