What's your expectations from next version of Windows (a.k.a. Windows 9 (and 9 RT))

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mustafa Can, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
  2. magnus33

magnus33 MDL Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Lets be honest here as much as we like to bash windows 8 and 8.1 there not that bad at their core.

The hybrid UI was a mess and not giving people a choice on what to use was stupid.

I use 8.1 with startisback, ribbon disabler and custom themes.
    Hence it looks like windows 7 but i actually get the the use of the features in windows 8 that are good (example enhanced taskbar)

Bloated..probably but new features and improvements are eventually going cause a os to get bigger eventually.

Windows 8 and 8.1 feel more like a testing os rather then a refined final build.
    With MS this always seems to be the case every other os seems to be either a mess or incomplete (vista)
    Though at least this time at its core windows 8 is stable unlike windows vista which was a pain.

The pricing is ms biggest failure and something apple always gotten correct. (well at least with software)

Sadly though all the complaining doesn't change the truth there is no perfect OS.

Linux..solid, stable ,loads of software and community support but ease of use and game support are its major failings.

OsX.. Solid and mostly stable and cheap although not without its own bugs now and then. Also not nearly as secure as apple wanted people to believe thanks to apples advertisements (vista been out 9 months when the new apple os came out. a month later they were tested to see how secure they were and all ms os combined had 32 security flaws for that ten months. The new apple os that had been out for a month and had 296. (there secure and then there just not getting targeted as apple found out in recent years). Made for apple hardware only.

Windows..Not cheap, Sometimes stable sometimes not.. Huge support base plus loads of software and gaming support.
    Massive community so there plenty of help out there but ms hasn't quite seem to clue in that the user od and that shoving things down our throat regardless of them being wanted or not is a bad idea.
    This is something apple understands far better although they do the same thing on the hardware end.

Linux probably has the most promise and if it could get gaming support and a easier to use experience it could make both ms and apple sit up and take notice.

3. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    3% increase in performance
    30% change in UI

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    "Stable. Please, take your time. I don't want unfinished OS like Windows 8.1"

I laughed so hard I cried. You'll be here all week, right?

5. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Oh, ok, I see what you did there.... I had my flamer set to Broil, but...hehe :D

6. Rickkins

Rickkins MDL Senior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    What I would like to see...???
    No more metro on the desktop......

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol ... my desktop is metro-free since introduction of W8. I only see metro when I go to start screen :D

8. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    I expect that the thumbnail cache will not delete every boot or reboot windows (in windows 7 it's deleted less than in windows 8).

9. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    The store load slowly. sometimes it's stuck.

10. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Senor,
    Could you pleez givea to me the link for the .iso leak of Win 9?
    Thank you berry berry much Senor.
    64bit pleez.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
    :suicide: :laie:

12. Herman Munster

Herman Munster MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2011
    Like the cat. LOL Herman :biggrin:

13. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Updated first post!

14. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Since there are Windows Insider and Windows 10 builds available now, I think it's time to put our expectations to a centeralized place.

Also thanks to forum staff for moving this thread. :spoton: