What's your favorite Beer?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe C, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know Eldorado rum.
    12 years is already nice and not expensive at all.

Never had a chance to try the 50 years, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I was lucky to try the 50 year old. The 25 year I have 3 bottles, I give some to guest I like lol but generally I drink it sparingly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I don't know them so I cannot say anything about their stuff. I hardly drink US American beer. Once I had an IPA from Oregon...Rogue Nation Brutal India Pale Ale..well it was OK, but there are better ones...

I usually buy (order) at micro craft breweries here in Germany or directly by car at those located around...

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Your post inspired me looking again at rum. I ran out of a good Whisky before and just got replenishment. Bunnahabhain 18 Years. Now it's time for a new rum. :D
    (Sorry for hijacking the beer thread once again). :)

Before I always had focus on sweetened rum...

ElDorado belongs to them, but also Zacapa 23 and A.H. Riise non plus ultra.
    I like sweetened rum, no question.

BTW 10 years and more ago Zacapa had been far far better!!! Nowadays the 23 is just standard.
    And Solera process is not really 23 years as you know...
    Had the chance to get the old ones (wickerbottle)...but they are all empty...

I had now a look at natural rums with no additional sugar / colour or molasses.

I came across Jamaican style rum. They are supposed to be 'high ester rums'.
    Either one loves it or hates it. So people say. But the description of taste is exactly what I like.

I have ordered now a Savanna "HERR" Traditionnel Vieux High Ester Rum Réunion 10Y single Cognac cask. Single numbered bottle of 721 bottles. It's a Jamaican style rum from La Réunion (east of Madagascar) France. :D

Have you generally experiences with natural non sweetened rum as well?
    Additional sugar (if not too much) is useful to embed flavours.

But I think a natural one can have its charm as well. I am excited until I can try the first one.
    Natural and Jamaican style...must be totally a new experience for me. :D

6. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Anudder Off Topic :)

If anyone ever wants to try The Best Selling Rhum in The World :g:

Bat strongly suggest going with Dark, 5 Year, or even Better. Dis Sh@t makes Bat head go Bonk-Bonk de next morning :(

[​IMG]
    Guaranteed to be aged only as long as it takes to get from distillery to bottling :fear:

When I'm in de US I usually stick to Bacardi or :chef: my own :whistling:

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    @Yen Trinidad has rum too. I don't like Jamaican rum that much they aren't as refined as others. I used to visit Jamaica a lot but don't have time now unfortunately. Trinidad rum is good with their bitters. You might like this, I don't but it's pretty much what you're talking about www.uncommoncaribbean.com/trinidad/puncheon-rum/
    If you ever get a chance visit Trinidad that's a nice place to visit.

8. BENBOBBY

BENBOBBY MDL Novice

Jun 6, 2020
    Cant beat a Guiness!

9. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I like the Hammer Head from Hoops :)

10. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
    See the Avatar.

11. DJboutit

DJboutit MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2020
    Miller High Life
    Dos Equis
    Heineken