Where is the Phoenix bios mod tool?--IT'S OUT NOW!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by zerka, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerka

zerka MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's still in beta phase. Some versions have been leaked due to a mistake. It caused already some bricked boards.
    Andyp is the author of it, Busykid, zort, phrunt, 911medic, shakey, me and some others are testing it. Andy has just added the Dell bios support. The tool is becoming more reliable at each new version andy is programming. We are now at version 0.46, which means the 45th update already.
    To provide a good and reliable tool, it takes time. Phoenix bioses are complex and each of it is a bit different to handle.
    It's up to the author when he thinks the time is right to release it to the public.
    Anyway to use the tool needs some knowledge about phoenix bioses to apply the proper settings of the tool, it will be not that easy to use than the both other tools. We are trying to create a powerful tool, to handle as easy as possible....you have to be patient.;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. imatrix

imatrix MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Yen,
    will Andy include SLIC 2.1 insertion into his Phoenix Bios Mod Tool?
    Cheers,

4. anmg

anmg MDL Senior Member

Jul 28, 2009
    What do you think? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Tool is now at RC1 v1.00......

Still testing....;)

Some main features:

-3 different mod methods, SSv3/Lenovoway based, Dynamic and original/PBE like (not recommended)
    -parses rw-everything report to choose the right settings
    -supports old style Phoenix bioses
    -supports new style Phoenix bioses
    -supports Acer exe all in one flash files
    -supports Dell Phoenix, dynamic method only (SLIC replacement)

6. luky

luky MDL Addicted

Dec 21, 2008
    #6 luky, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    Yen What year will be on display and modification Tool for the Phoenix BIOS as the picture looks like .....??? Thanks

7. Russtavo

Russtavo MDL Junior Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Congrats to the whole team - very impressive feature list :D

When might we see the tool released?

8. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    #8 shakeyplace, Oct 29, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
    to keep you folks updated... It is at RC2, and updated feature list looks like insyde bioses may get (at least) some partial support as well. It will be wonderful to have a tool for these bioses as well!

9. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    wooohoooo!!!

Thank you to everyone involved in the bios tools!

But now I have to introduce my question...
    It will support Acer notebooks bioses? :D

Oh, and please, take your time... I don't want to transform my lovable kid into a honorable brick! :D

Waiting for news about this.

10. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    How to become beta tester. Are there any features list of this program?

11. mudillo

mudillo MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Will at allow to add or remove modules a la cbrom?

12. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Nope. More like PBE, CBROM is award bios.

You cannot add a module, it is solely for SLIC insertion at this point, probably always will be..

13. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    As one finish touch.. what about an option to replace the bootscreen, uh? :D

14. kocoman

May 16, 2007
    Is it possible to edit the MMIO, Register Editor, BAR so that it can fix "code 12" problems with vidock and also the HP bios conflicts with the hwtools card.

15. boss1921

boss1921 MDL Novice

Sep 29, 2009
    Any idea when the tool will be released?
    Thanks

16. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    The tool is coming along nicely, but to be sure it's as safe as possible it takes time, the day andyp feels that it's ready, it will be released. it's now at 100RC4 and currently Insyde support is being worked on. I tested an Insyde this morning and it appeared to work fine but thats only one test, we'll need to do many more before confidence is there that it's working well.

At the moment just do a request in the request thread for mods and hang around, the tool will arrive when it's ready but I must say i'm extremely impressed with it and the work andy has done.

17. kocoman

May 16, 2007
    So do you release it after you have reach a milestone of 100 bios mods?

Can anyone tell me what conditions must be met for the Phoenix tool to be released??

18. genuineintel

genuineintel MDL Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Wait patiently until it is officially released....

19. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    #19 phrunt, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
    yep, you'll just have to wait, there is no set date or anything specific, it's more when Andy and everyone else involved feel it's ready. It's release will be when it's deemed safe enough to be released. We had a big development with Insyde bios mods this morning and Dell mod's appear to be working well so it's all looking very good, the phoenix new and old style is working extremely well, i've done countless mods and haven't had a failure since very early versions. I'm sure when it's ready you'll think it's well worth the wait, it's an excellent tool.

20. Epon

Epon MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2009
    great job!

nothing much to say just cheer up you all. :D you are doing great.