Where is the Phoenix bios mod tool?--IT'S OUT NOW!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by zerka, Oct 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    At the moment not only is it being developed to handle more different types of bios (phoenix is far more complex and has much more variety than AMI/AWARD) it's also being tested in a variety of laptops to ensure it's as safe as possible prior to release. Last thing anyone wants is a whole lot of bricked laptops from being used by the masses when it's not ready.

It is indeed a very advanced tool and I'm sure everyone involved is very happy with it but it's never wise to rush the release of something like this.

2. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    No, you cannot release it just because it is advanced. Because it is advanced it means there are more bugs and problems to solve....what kind of logic are you from?

3. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Great news, also I'm waiting for this tool. Maybe you' willl realease this year.:rolleyes:

4. koteskie

koteskie MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    Any plans / work done for SONY VAIO bios'es?

5. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    funny you should mention that, today's release was just that

it now handles non-compressed Insyde - seems to be a fair few sony's around with this

ADD: Handles non-compressed Insyde BIOSes (and as a side effect displays module info for EFI BIOSes)

FIX: Improved Lenovo OEM/Table ID processing

6. koteskie

koteskie MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    Nice!
    Any support for older VAIO Phoenix bios'es as well?

7. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    yes, it will handle older versions of vaio phoenix bios

8. koteskie

koteskie MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2009
    *Sighs happily and bows*

9. tekken

tekken MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2007
    It is no beta but RC version thats my logic. What are you waiting for? On RC1000 version? If there is so many problems it should be some beta version not RC or you have a big issue with names of this tool... :D

10. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And I would love to hear you shouting "Why it was released in first place" when you bricked your board/notebook etc...

I am sure beta testing is being done, just not public beta at the moment

We are not talking here about possibility of something just not doing xyz
    We talking about quite expensive things that can be potentially damaged

So chill out & wait, it will come (as the other tools did)

sebus

11. tekken

tekken MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2007
    Be sure I'm save, I've done my mod manually so I do not care about their tool but it is funny because they defend this tool like one's sisters virginity :D:D:D I know, laptops bioses are heavy to mod but without exaggeration :cool:

Even the final version will no be save in 100%

12. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Can't you just release a version that shows you all the options but does not create the actual mod

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    How safe is the dynamic mod?
    I am more interested in the dynamic mod because it is the closest SLIC replication as the real BIOS that comes with SLIC 2.1.

15. Busykid508

Busykid508 MDL Guru

Jun 4, 2009
    You are wrong about that and this proves the point of Yen and myself in that you are not ready to have this tool for you would brick your computer and someone else's machine with that type of thinking...I don't think you know anything about DYNAMIC or SSV2 with this tool...in fact, I know you do not.

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The phraseology SSV2 and dynamic is special here. It's bios related here!!!

ALL the mods have got dynamic memory allocation of the SLIC!!! (Perfect method)

Basically SSV2 means that a complete new acpi module, which contains a SLIC will be added. (The way to mod is SSV2 = Lenovo way! Free space of bios will be used similar to SSv2)

Dynamic means that a already existing SLIC will be modded....(dynamic because its place at bios is dynamic) No new acpi module will be added here!

Regarding Physical Memory, the Phoenix tool performs dynamic allocated SLIC's ONLY!! :)
    There are NO super static mods known.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

@Buisykid

weinter's thoughs are right. But he meant the allocation of physical memory for SLIC, whereas the mod methods are referring to the bios location.....

It's good to talk about here, I knew this fact may lead to misunderstanding..

18. tekken

tekken MDL Junior Member

Jul 5, 2007
    #58 tekken, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Yeah, the same I could say about your statements about this tool especially in your post to me :D but we all are here not to have quarrel but to learn more things (at least I). So we all are waiting impatiently on your wonderful tool to test it.

Cheers

19. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #59 weinter, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
    Yep This was what I was asking about.
    I wanted a "Dynamic Mod" meaning replacement of existing SLIC Table because original OEM SLIC are dynamic in SLIC Memory location.
    I remember the AMI Tool the Dynamic Mod refer to the replacement of SLIC Table and all other methods are static.
    I didn't know all Phoenix Mod Tool's BIOS SLIC location is dynamic.
    Nevertheless a "Replace original SLIC" is much preferred by me...it is more "original" in a sense.

Also I know in some BIOS, multiple SLIC Table exist while only 1 of such Table can be pointed by XSDT/RSDT.
    Is it possible for the Tool to "point" the XSDT/RSDT to a specific preferred Table?

20. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    tekken, the author of the tool is andyp... I only helped to suggest useful options to be realised.......;)
    I knew you are waiting for it.....caring (a little about.) :D

weinter, it's the way to mod...sometimes you have to rename the original SLIC and to add a new one....the result will be always a dynamically allocated SLIC!!!