Which is the best Mobile OS?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Nawzil, Dec 14, 2011.

?

Which is the best Mobile OS?

1. Symbian

5.0%
  2. Windows Phone

20.3%
  3. iOS

16.0%
  4. Android

58.7%
  1. bolthead

bolthead MDL Novice

Apr 27, 2007
    For me Android. Never tried a windows phone to be honest, don't like the way iOS insists that I have to install iTunes just to copy music to my phone, and symbian was OK but not great from what I can remember.

2. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    I prefer Android with HTC Sense 4 (I have Vanilla Android) but iOS 6.1 beta has been very good to me and my 5th Gen Touch.

Android lets you OC and do hardcore things and iOS you have to Jailbreak to make it "Your Phone" iOS is more customization than anything but they both have their trade offs.

3. db84x

db84x MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2012
    I think Android will be the winner because it have more mobile phone producer behind it.

4. MichelleW74

MichelleW74 MDL Novice

Jan 14, 2013
    #24 MichelleW74, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    I would think it a matter of preference between android and iOS. I have an iPod touch and a LG Optimus T phone. They are both great products and have great operating systems. Storage is key, I'm learning!

5. Aberration79

Aberration79 MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2012
    I've tried them all, for my mobile devices I only use iOS.

6. jameskenrich

jameskenrich MDL Novice

Feb 1, 2013
    Android from Google because it is totally free and open source.

7. unnao

unnao MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2011
    Android is the best os for mobile

8. Fort Neyland

Fort Neyland MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2012
    BlackBerry 10 powered by QNX is by far the best OS out there do date....

9. EmmaWayd

EmmaWayd MDL Novice

Apr 26, 2013
    1st Android by Sony
    2nd iOS

10. kronflux

kronflux MDL Member

May 11, 2011
    I think you mean Android by Google. :p

My opinion so far is:
    1: Android.
    2. Mozilla's mobile OS (not out yet, but looks incredibly fast)
    3. iOS
    4. Ubuntu's Mobile OS (for now, it's last, because nothing really works well so far)

11. thonhi

thonhi MDL Novice

May 15, 2013
    Android No.1
    next is windows phone, then ios and symbian sux ;)

12. shamnh

shamnh MDL Novice

May 19, 2013
    maemo 5

android

ios

13. Sugadevan

Sugadevan MDL Junior Member

Feb 20, 2011
    WP is the future :cool:

14. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    If it is then our future is bleak or we need a good carpenter to do the tiling properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  15. yarri

yarri MDL Novice

May 31, 2013
    I vote for iOS. Android is also pretty close.

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    That must be a joke! On android you can choose a custom room with all bloatware / google apps removed. And linux kernel is far more secure and the project is open source, so anybody can have a look at the code.

Can you with a windows phone which is closed source? And who is involved in the NSA spy actions with skype? I don't say google is better, but at least the possibilities to customize the phone for most of privacy is best with Android.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  18. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Hey your last post sounds a kind of different compared to #41 #43...:biggrin:.. I don't know now why you prefer Windows over Android concerning privacy...

I agree with most of what you say, anyway at some points I have a different opinion.

"experts make customized roms you say, probably, but if these guys were really experts they would be hired by manufacturers."

I do not agree with it. Expert or not. Do you know for sure that nobody got hired so far? I have contact to some devs and they are professional programmers (not professional on Android, though) and make their mods @home just for fun..... :biggrin:. And do not forget all the apps programmer....which are involved in customizing, too...

Anyway to become hired by a company is even the wrong way and cannot be an achievement. They'd loose their independence and the capitalistic aspect would ruin anything.
    Could a company offer such a great variety of mods and still make a big profit? No, they would have to pay too much for the 'customizers'....the spirit is: One makes an effort for a big community and shares it for free.....donation possible....

"ever since the evolution of android phones i have seen custom roms do more damage than good to devices."
    If you speek of Cyanogen then I have to agree, lol...

Ermm actually no. It are the 'users' who are not able to apply the ROM (flash) properly. When I read threads on XDA I sometimes have to ask myself how ignorant one can be at all....'issues' we have to deal here at MDL as well.

People do not use the search function, people annoy the developers by constantly re-asking the same thing, people are not able to follow simple instructions, people are not aware of potential damage, people are lazy, are not willing to make own efforts and want to be served all the time.....in short: they want to take it all and give nothing in return. They simply don't get the spirit of a sharing community....and finally blame the developer for a seemigly bad rom....

Generally it is questionable to void warranty after one has applied a custom rom. What would be if you install ubuntu on a windows OEM PC and your warranty becomes void?
    AFAIK yes Samsung did not apply this measure so far even though they could....

And finally:
    "the vast majority of users do not give a damn about big brother watching over their activities."

Sad but true. Once I wrote in an essay: 'Phychology of the masses' ......humankind cannot handle freedom, they restrict themselves and let others restrict and control themselves until a war has to arouse them again...and to remind them what freedom was again...OMG what have we done.....and soon they start to forget again..." :)

19. neetaiphone

neetaiphone MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2013
    :eek: this reply was good until 2010 not in 2013 i would expect to see someone say Symbian is the best OS. It is Android and iOS.

20. TastyTeo

TastyTeo MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2013
    ANDROID of course, my brother had symbian and it sucked so badly he actually broke the phone from that os, constantly getting stuck, applications hang, doesn't support many things etc. Android has saved though everyone i think