Why.......?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by pisthai, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 pisthai, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Ok:
    • why, a lot of my post's are gone?
    • why a lot of my Thanks are gone?
    • why a lot of of the Thanked are gone?

Is it to much to ask for an answer?

Over the last running week or so, more than 50 post's are "gone"! Same happens for at least 5 or more Thanks! And the same for more than 25 Thanks you's for some of my post's from other members are gone too!

And there isn't any explanation or info , even not via PM!

I would like to know what the h**l is going on.

Rgards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
    Looking back all the way to August only 2 of your posts have been deleted. It could be that another moderator has been using the option to permanently delete your posts or has permanently deleted threads you've happened to post in. So are the threads you feel you've made at least 50 posts in still there? One of the admins should be able to further look into this to see whats happened.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Of course we never need to explain ourselves, but I just found it odd that I couldn't find any record of the deleted posts. I don't think anythings been permanently deleted in a while either :g:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As I wrote sometime ago, I'm Moderator with Admin Privilege on an huge Android Forum, which also have it's rules the members have to follow. We also having internal rules for the Staff!

Some part of that internal rules say's that the moderator should inform that Member we deleting post's from and WHY! We're thinking, it's the members right to know why something is done with what he/she had posted. That's also a part of demogracy. It would be rude just to delete, even permanently without information given. Also even more it's a rude way to downgrade the "Reputation" given from others. Also to downgrade the Thanks I had given to other Members, is rude to tell at least.

I don't believe that you could show any post of mine which had prohibit contents, even not partly, in it. So, there were not ANY reason for to delete my post's and cut my Reputation.

On the other hand, post's I had reported for to breach the forum rules are continue to run, which means that those Reports were just ignored, at least!

My post count at the end of last week were 290! Count how much post's I had written just in the last 6 days and you have the full amount of post's and if you deduct those shown of today you've the amount of deleted post's.
    My received Thanks were by 48 already and it's now just above 20! Where the missing are gone?
    I had thanked other members for for 19 times and those were cutting down to 20!

That you guy's didn't like such discussion, I know very well. Writing an PM to Admin or Mode results in get deleted instead of answering! So, what choice I have to express and say what I have to say.

Regards!

6. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #6 Alphawaves, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    Well you should know as a fellow MOD that any post deleted with anything considered as 'inappropriate' will also remove your own posts/post count.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry: there wasn't anything 'inappropriate'!

And tell me: WHY my post's (more than 50!!) has been delete permanently, without a trace in your Recycle Bin? As DAZ told, just 1 (ONE) was found in Recycle Bin!

And why my "Reputation" were changed too? Or, the count I "Tanked"other's?

If the system of an Forum is standard, as long as you delete some post from Forum View to the Recycle Bin, the Post count will NOT change and neither the Reputation etc! Sure, if an post is deleted permanently, even from Recycle Bin, there isn't any Evidences that those post ever existed and: WHO deleted those post didn't need to tell why what were happen! Very bad such!!

Regards

8. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Hmm.. without the want to sound rude, it looks to me like your crying over spilled milk.. It happens to us all.. Get over it!!!:eek:

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    It could have been the how to activate windows 8 thread if any, tough luck everyone would have lost posts when thread was deleted.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    pisthai, you know that a database (vbulletin) does not differentiate 'you'. You belong to the registered user group, you are just an ID and treated as any other member of this group.
    So when a thread got deleted and you had posts in it then your post count decreases and your thanks counters got adjusted.
    Posts that are deleted cannot be thanked for it anymore. This is a global setting.

You are demanding a 'fair' ruled democratic community, but all you are doing is to put your own ego over the MDL community, enforcing your ideas. THIS is called dictatorship. Look who's talking!

You have your ideas and you realize them at your forums, fine. So please allow us to do the same here, thanks.
    You have agreed with our rules as it is a condition for registration. So there is written....vindication is not necessary.... you might read the preface again.

11. Chris123NT

Chris123NT MDL Expert

Oct 23, 2010
    I kinda thought my post count had been reduced, but I wasn't really bothered enough by it to post asking why. That activating windows 8 thread was pure mayhem, I don't blame the mods for deleting it. The KMS threads are bad too, I wouldn't blame them if they started deleting all KMS threads because it just attracts the packs of village idiots.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #12 pisthai, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    (OP)
    Ok, let it get straight:
    I didn't have something against that post's deleted if a whole thread is deleted! If that is done on right settings, those Post's/Thread's would be moved to the Bin! That will means that the post count isn't affected because those post's/thread's are still "part" of the forum.
    In case that those post's/thread's are in the bin, and for what reason ever there's any need to get "something" back from there, that's possible! That's special if somebody, who's post's/thread's were delete, is accused of something and need to have a proof or right or wrong, it's possible to get just that! If the post's/thread's are deleted permanently, there isn't any more a way to proof!
    The Thanks a member hat got and the Thanks he were given to others, shouldn't be affected by deletion of post's/thread's! In my case that deletion were NOT done on the sa,me day as of the deletion of the post's, that were 4 days later!

@Yen:

That will happen only if the thread is deleted permanently and not moved to the bin! At the same moment you delete something permanently, it is gone and there isn't any evidence or proof available after done that. In juristic terms you could also say: no more proof of innocence or guilt! just as example!

And even an deleted post could net be answered anymore! Same happens if a thread is closed, as this one in the morning and I didn't had the power to answer anymore. So, why you open up this thread again? for to show:
    ?
    You're totally wrong! What is on question here isn't only about me, NO, it's about the whole community because that could affect every member of this forum, except the Staff, for sure! To look for fairness has NOTHING to do with dictatorship! I asked my question without to accuse anybody and what I were getting? In reality I give a s**t about that answers!

@Chris123NT
    I agree with you that those action were a need, only done on the wrong way (as I explained above). That the Staff acted that late and allowed a lot breaches of the rules in those threads, without to punish the offenders, is written on an other page of the agenda! That whole threads had an assigned allowance of trolling include the ignorance of posted reports by the Forum Staff!

For me that's now that I'll just looks for what is my personal interest because of unanswered or even deleted PM's and "useless" reports I don't see that there's any interest for anything!

Regards.

13. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Regarding post and thanks count:
    Sometimes threads get deleted and thus some numbers can decrease, this has been broadly explained already. We sometimes recount those numbers (by system, i.e. automatically) so those numbers may change.
    What I'm asking myself is... are those numbers that important? What is the purpose of being a member of a forum? Having a high post count and amount of thanks or contributing, sharing, discussing...? There are so many members it's just about impossible to keep a record of all thanks, postings etc. to be kept 100% accurate.

Regarding forum rules and reported posts:
    Forum rules are set by the team, and so is the enforcement. A post may be reported by you but that doesn't mean we see things exactly the same way you see them.
    Some threads are quite a mayhem and it's better to just have them used as a vent for people's craziness (e.g. about Windows 8 or whatever). As things settle down, those postings won't be a problem anymore. And if it's a problem indeed we of course take care of it - deleting, editing, talking to the concerned member, temp ban or ban...

If this is such a global problem and everybody is treated wrong... shouldn't there be more complaints? We have our way of doing our work and so have you. If you don't agree with us, we can discuss until a certain point. But it won't go endlessly.