Windows 10 can't be spying on you !!!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Buckie, Aug 16, 2015.

1. pawX

pawX MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Interesting, thanks for the explanation!

2. sunberg

sunberg MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Well said! +1

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    And I don't get the way you argue. It is not getting old, it's a brand new subject. Unfortunately it is getting worse by repeating and adding more and more spy measures.
    Also you assume that others are using 'something' worse while 'worse' is also your assumption....on Facebook one posts voluntarily in clear text whereas w10 collects personal data in the background ENCRYPTED and NOBODY knows what!

You ask people to tolerate something that is wrong (w10 spy features) by the assumption that they use something that is not right (Facebook privacy)....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. sunberg

sunberg MDL Junior Member

Aug 16, 2015
    Please, do not call people who have different attitude and opinion as "brainwashed". Thanks!

6. TeamNS

TeamNS MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    If you don`t like the new features in windows 10 then stay with 7 it will still get updates for a few years.
    You cannot get away from the fact that most apps do send data back to the manufacturer and also it allows inprovments so if your worried then don`t use it and stop moaning about it, Windows 10 is fast you cannot compare it to 8 and besides you can turn a lot of the (spying stuff) off.
    Cheer up stop moaning and make your choice, Of course you could always install windows 10 and all the other o/s and not use the net if your that paranoid lol

7. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    Join Date 26 Jul 2015 1 Posts.....Interesting !

8. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    You CAN get away from the fact things send data. You absogoddamnlutely can. What do you think physically erasing things like Cortana, blocking servers and IP ranges, blocking access of things to the internet does? Are they somehow still magically functioning, in ways that they can't be seen on a file by file level, and somehow are able to send in and out data without one single byte appearing in either packet inspection tools or via routers or data logging methods?

Or are they in fact NOT at that point sending data ANYWHERE? Are the places, services, executables and whatever else you wish to call them getting around this somehow? No. No they are not. No argument. No nonsense about `things we can't see still going on` (they aren't, because we can). It's STOPPED. Dozens of people on here using the tools provided ARE "getting away" from it.

This isn't some nebulous unmeasurable and unstoppable magic we're dealing with. It's data. It's how the internet works. If I tell Peerblock or such to block access ingoing or outgoing to a place, that software can collect and store whatever it likes. It isn't going ANYWHERE.

Fact.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're with 16 not much better! Or do we have an post count race??

10. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @tmf2: Post count has no bearing whatsoever on the validity of a statement. It's important for you and everyone else to know that MDL is a tolerant place. I for one completely understand that everyone has an opinion about a subject. As long as you're respectful to others, your opinions should be tolerated, and you should be treated with respect and dignity.

As far as people being "tired" of the privacy discussions, that's fine. I can understand your feelings.

BUT

If I was tired of hearing about a subject, whatever it was, I would simply not participate in discussions of that subject, simply because my expression of frustration will serve no good purpose.

Perhaps that's the stance that those "tired" people should take.

-Every- opinion counts. Everybody matters.

Whether or not you agree or disagree with their opinion.

:MJ

11. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    Point is registered date more so then post count coupled with a strong pro window 10 leaning denying or belittling folks that think the spying is over the top =....... take a guess. telling people to "stop moaning about it" in my option is what I consider disrespectful to others.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just to point an finger on that 1 post, is disrespectful in some means, sorry for to tell. I'll always tell what I'm thinking, look at bove my Avatar how to do I see myself! And that's what I'm really are and like to be so! Period!

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    "Windows 10 Checks For Pirate Bay Torrents, Bootleg Games And Hardware Automatically"
    section 7B of EULA.

14. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    +1 to Joss!

:MJ

15. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    you know banks have your credit card numbers and pin numbers and they get hacked . and your doctor has your information online, social security is online ! now I don't post nude pictures I don't send texts saying I'm going to bomb some thing ! some of the things I'm concerned about are soft ware gathering information programs becoming so common its making it easier for small time hackers to use their skills with their info gathering to get at your s**t, it used to be complicated to hack into data bases it concerns me that MS, Google and other software company's are making it easier for hackers !

16. shroom

shroom MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2010
    Knowing what Microsoft is doing with Skype (techrights.org/2015/01/02/snowden-leaks-on-spying), I'm going to stay away from W10 untill every "spying" services can be shut down for good :)

17. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #58 Yen, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    When reading threads about w10 privacy it comes always to the same way people try to argue...it are IMHO no arguments at all and that seems important to me to clarify one more time. :)

-Some justify their spy measures (@w10) by pointing on others who are doing the same. It this an argument? Actually no. Private data are private data.

-Some try to compare the measures of w10 with other companies' measures saying they are worse than w10. Is that possible? No it isn't! It isn't because there is a unknown variable x=data which are collected=unknown. One cannot compare to a unknown variable and make statements as y is 10 times worse than x. Means: No valid argument.

-Some try to deny importance of the matter saying it's old. It is old since it started years ago, but is it outdated? No it is very actual with the release of w10= still important, even more today since they have increased the measures!

Actually nobody has a valid condition to make an real agreement with the EULA or to deny it. How should one be able to not knowing what is exactly collected when agreed??? Alone this fact justifies to deny it, it would be most reasonable.
    This has nothing to do with moaning or repeating the same again and again, it is just pointing on reasonable behavior.

Finally such posts are here to gather opinions. Everybody can do what one wants. Just opinions do not prevent to realize the installation of w10. MDL is a forum that is a place for people who need help with windows. This isn't changing.
    But MDL is also a place for controversial discussions, this won't change either. :)

18. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    We should start to call it Windows 10 Genisys. At least, that is one of the ideas in Terminator Genisys. It is cool we are finally advancing toward the future.

19. jukanmanya

jukanmanya MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2013
    Conspiracy theory : Windows 10 is free for everybody because it's subsidized by the NSA to get data. Cortana listens all the time so imagine they can turn that on at any time and listen to what's happening in the room -> NSA wet dream !

Everybody can get W10 for free ( even Daz loader guys ) so what's the catch ? There has to be one because MSFT isn't making any money off Windows Store for now. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is ...