Windows 8.2 To Come With Big Changes In January 2014

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by twistedmike, Nov 19, 2013.

1. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011
  2. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    Oh yes!. One "market" for the 'whole' windows environment. Thats pretty exciting!!. Im pretty sure the ppl will stop using android on their phones and tables because of this!.
    Awe$ome new$$ m$, congratulation$$, you are doing right this time.

3. TONSCHUH

TONSCHUH MDL Addicted

Jun 11, 2012
    I think it can be quite handy to have a similar OS on a handful of different kind of devices.

:)

4. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    If this is true Microsoft is nuts, I want my Desktop to be a Desktop. Not a bigger version of a phone or Tablet. What corporate idiot decided that we want this crap should be fired. They are only doing this because they want Gamers to migrate to the X-box. True X-box is now using PC hardware, but the user can't upgrade it with the newest hardware can they. Its specs at best are those of a mid grade gaming pc.

5. eydee

eydee Guest

Windows 7 is supported till 2020 I guess. Maybe longer. By the time its EOL comes, linux should be strong enough to replace it. So just skip 8.x, 9.x etc. and stick to your desktop.

6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Guys, Microsoft makes all their money from businesses. They're not going to abandon the desktop stuff. That would be suicide.

7. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #47 Mr Jinje, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    I'm betting they will kick out Windows RT. It's the bastard child of Windows Phone and full-blown Windows IMHO. Used by a relatively small segment (yah, how many PC/mobile users per RT user?) and badly underpowered.

It's quite likely that the desktop variants will gradually merge with RT (or what's left of it), so I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow, out comes a version of Windows where you can't install apps from outside the store. Far-fetched, but with the blunders M$ has made lately, we should have no reason to expect a sudden sharp rise in customer satisfaction. Their arrogance prevents them from satisfying more people, their fast-diminishing sensibility prevents them from committing much bigger mistakes.

I'm waiting to see what they do next. Loyal M$ fan till Linux, Chromium and Mac become easier to use, at which stage it's ta-ta, M$.:bye1:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. stonyi1

stonyi1 MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2009
    As soon as Linux, or OS X, " that's if OS X will ship from Apple running on AMD", can run all games that are made for windows natively, I'll be dumping Windows forever. I'm hoping Steam OS turns out as good as it seems to be.

10. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #50 Mr Jinje, Nov 24, 2013
  11. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I don't know. If you ever worked on help desk or helped to roll out hundreds of new machines to employees from which one should expect how to use a computer, you might understand his point a little bit. Sometimes it was a nightmare to migrate people just from XP to Vista - and the "gap" between XP and Vista/7 is not as big as between XP and 8/8.1. I mean, you have to understand that many of these people aren't geeks and maybe just not as young as we are anymore. Imagine if you've grown up in a time when there were no mobile phones or a computer on every desk. Most people aren't just so fast learning and interested in the stuff when they get older anymore. That's why companies fear to change because it costs a lot of money for training etc.

12. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    I worked tech support at a company that sold computer parts online. It was pretty damn frustrating, but nothing ever compared with not even knowing how to turn on a laptop.

13. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Indeed. I will never understand the point of getting someone to use a device that they consider an expensive paperweight. Technophobes will never appreciate technology, no matter how simplified, and technophile will learn new technology they find alluring, no mattre how complicated. o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. pun

pun MDL Senior Member

Oct 19, 2013
    It would be easier to help if you specify what error you face. Also, you're in the wrong thread.

15. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Yes I am thinking the same and going back to windows 7. This mess of 8 just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and we can only guess that 8.2 will have kms v7. This is do to the fact that they want no one to use their new OS's. Played around with 8.1 in a VM and have discovered that internet explorer now does hot have the option to disable tabs. I have tabs on my task bar, in fact it gives me a preview of what windows I have open in internet explorer. Tabs on the task bar are enough, why do I need tabs up top to consume desktop?

It goes farther you can not down grade to version 10 and the only fix I was able to find is a reg hack that gets rid of tabs, along with your favorites tab? Go figure. Appears M$ is now run by idiots with this huge icon start menu called metro and tabs on top and bottom. Hey why not put tabs also on the right and left of our monitors. We need multiple tabs all over the place! Good luck M$ I will be sticking to android and I devices and your desk top PC OS sales must be doing gr8. If you want to make a small device OS do it, cramming it down the throats of desktop PC with large and/or multiple displays is one way to reduce revenue if that is the direction you are trying to proceed.

Regards

16. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  17. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Guaranteed not to "Rust, Bust or Collect Dustâ„¢"

18. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

With comments like that I suspect you're actually a water/soda/coffee proof keyboard and monitor salesman.

19. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #60 Mr Jinje, Nov 24, 2013