Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 banned by China

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by BillyRazOr, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Isn't it clear most of the information are on the virtual information highway through other networks? Like the social media and email providers.

2. eatup

eatup MDL Member

Jun 22, 2014
    #62 eatup, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Well, you're not the first Japanese person, which I don't consider very "Japanese". More like, arrogant and proud. You're able to "judge" Western culture by your mere time of study there, while I have lived in the West for most of my life. (Can you master the art of making sushi with just your few years of study?). And don't worry, you don't leave a bad impression of Japan/the Japanese on me at all. There are not very many Japanese people like you... When I say Japan is the "best" (as in makes the best things in the world), I say it from having to live with stuff made by the West for most of my life... I never said Japan is first in innovations, only they make the best things. Once again, it shows your pride and arrogance when you assume such things...

Second of all, most Japanese people don't look down on China like the opinion you stated in your post. If I recall correctly, most Japanese have seen the recent television series, Saiyuuki (aka Monkey Magic, starring Shingo Katori, Asami Mizukawa, etc.). That is ~100 million people in Japan and >50 million people have watched this particular "recent" TV series, which is based on the Chinese literature, [the spiritual] Journey to the West. It shows the high respect they have for China. In fact, they went to China to film the movie for it. Shinobu Nakayama became a star in Japan after appearing in a Chinese action movie with Jet Li. You are just one sad Japanese person who don't fit the mold of what Japanese people are really like. Watami desu ka?

Third of all, from your years of study abroad, I'd take it you've learned a few "new" things, such as: This is how Japan sees the world:

world+map+japan_only_pic.gif (Japan in center of map)

This is how America/the UK sees the world: (thumbnails only if you log in)

world-map-poster-1.jpg (Japan no longer in center, but next to China... and Korea... and Russia)

So yeah, Japan is next to China... and they both use Kanji (Chinese characters) in their language. So yeah, Japanese culture is NOT based on nor related to Chinese culture at all... *rollseyes*

(Oh, and don't worry, the West is not racist for creating a map with Japan not in the center. The map start/end is only based on the logical fact that the Pacific Ocean is the longest distance between any two land masses...)

Btw, it's very hard for me to take you seriously on world politics when you can't even get most of your basic facts and world view right...

And, I'll tell you one last secret --- the Japanese people are not native to Japan at all. They came from somewhere else to occupy Japan. The Ainus were in Japan first, just like the plain Indians were in America first prior to the arrival of the British/Europeans. I'll give you this one hint, the Japanese people were originally from a land next to (West of) Japan... (I know the approximate or exact location, but I dare not tell it to anyone...) :p

3. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    If it's a U.S. based company or it has any headquarters or offices here, it's not safe from the U.S. gov't.
    People giving away tons of information about themselves on facebook is just foolish.
    Not only can they farm that meta data to know everything about you, including modeling your face, they've already done it and continue to do it to earn ad revenue.

4. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    OK, let me think about it. do you know ask patches for microsoft will spend lots of money? Our government wont pay any for microsoft because all we use the systems are cracked.

they also think, vista isn't safe so did windows 7. why they think that? xp has some open-source projects and vista didn't. and, the most, windows vista, 7, 8, 8.1 use nt6x, the similar core. they say, hospital, electricity can use win8.1 pro or ent while other areas are banned.

5. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    you say you like china, do you know china? do you know the life of everybody well? ok if you want to listen, i can tell you some. in japan, people ARE rich while in china, people AREN'T rich. you saw the fast-growing china, but do you think of the people in southwest, northwest area? they are poor, they eat meals once or twice a day. they only eat mantou and the water isn't clear.

if you say many countries have the same problem, i can tell you what our poor children do. they didn't go to bed until 12 o'clock and get up at 5 o'click or earlier every day. the children are under 6 to 18 years. if you sent your children here, will you say 'I LOVE CHINA' again? no you WON'T. that's it.

6. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    #66 kssbsr, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    isn't that. they think vista isn't really trusted. they think the source code xp write is more beautiful than vista. so they keep their computer using xp. if microsoft release a system called NT 5.3, they would think to upgrade to it.

7. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    OK STOP talking history:confused: is my reply remind you history? ok sorry:(

8. eatup

eatup MDL Member

Jun 22, 2014
    I never said, "I like China b/c it exploits children". All I said was, "I like China b/c China *loves* Windows XP". You with all your pride and ahem arrogance went ahead and extrapolated what I said like that Japanese chap... who only registered to reply to my post...

9. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Above all these excuses the Chinese government is not ready to engage Microsoft in a civilized talk rather just banned the product like that with any question. That is not the way to do things in a working society. Even if the government sector is going to adopt a Linux-based operating system at the end but the issue about their old OS provider must be settled.

Microsoft cannot be denied its right as the most respected PC operating system in the world in China. Sooner the Chinese government understand that the better for their products going out as export to others countries around the world. It is correct to say China is export-oriented economy and must accept others in good fate so that it can be accepted in like manner.

10. kssbsr

kssbsr MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2013
    hey, japanese guy, i joined there before 2014 ok?

11. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't see why Chinese and Japanese cannot cooperate in many aspect. Not this fighting all the time for the reason of historic past or for some little misunderstanding.

I agree this could be about nationalism on the side of China. But, we shouldn't allow this to be used to dictate how a society should be run. If really China is concerned about its security it should dish Windows XP all together. As long as the systems used in the government sector are connected to the internet there is bound to be a program that can relay those secret information out or hacked by professionals. This complain over Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 cannot be over-emphasized to be an excuse for something else. It could be political move, aftar-all, nobody knows why the Chinese government is keen on adopting Linux-based OS and doing the same thing to Symantec security system provider.

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #72 Yen, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    This thread is close to break an MDL rule. Please no off topic stereotypes, no personal insults, this thread is about ban of windows 8 in China.

To me China does the only reasonable, to ban windows 8 and other doubtful services / products from use by authorities. AFAIK China has got the source of windows XP.
    The only way to stop the US companies / gov't from abusing data is to deny / forbid their services / products.

It might look like censorship to others when the gov't forbids a special product, but a country has also to protect their people from foreign spying.

I don't know if China itself is spying on their citizens, at least it is no paranoid foreign country that affects others.

As posted already I wish the EU would ban US services from the European market as well. Anything cloud storage related I would ban from use by authorities, also windows 8.x.

The US gov't actions are affecting me, personally, but not the Chinese gov't actions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    @Yen, the thread title is really misleading, China did not ban win8/8.1, they just forbid the government offices to use win8/8.1 because an average user could unknowingly upload sensitive files/documents to OneDrive by this default win8/8.1 feature, any person/private corp could use whichever OS freely. :D

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Thank you for clarifying that. But, most news reports called it a ban. Even the BBC online news story reports it as a ban. Forbidding(prohibiting) to make use of a particular product in a society or by a sector connotes ban in almost all ramification of the word.

15. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Yes I know. So I claimed for a ban for use by EU authorities. With authorities I do not only mean gov't. I also mean private hospitals, physicians, registry office, police, fire department, universities, schools. Basically any institution that has to administrate public matters and needs.

17. moderate

moderate MDL Guru

Aug 31, 2009
    It will be even worse... I heard that North Korea and Iran government will ban them too.
    Also Cuba, Chad and Belarus will join probably...

Too bad for Windows, that they couldn't be used by representatives in those fine countries.
    :)))))))))))))

18. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    that will be a BRICS thing which cuts some heads off for good. Future will tell upon M$'s $$$