Windows 9 may be FREE if Microsoft hopes to compete in the market soon.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by WeAreNotAlone, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Hython

Hython MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2011
    It mustn't be free

I believe they should gain their money,
    If anyone is not interested or thinking it doesn't worth or any other similar opinions simply they can refuse using it.
    A professional team after heavy development time built a software and it isn't fair to judge simply based on what we need, If Solaris is better for you or you are crazy in love with Ubuntu go with that. :cool:
    Free software doesn't mean anything to me...
    I believe anyone with anything to release should get his own money, the value it deserves.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

Sorry M$ being unfair to you (and obviously not brainwashed), how could I refuse to buy your stuff I actually don't need?:rolleyes:
    You are demanding fairness towards M$? lol....sorry no, I am too self-dependent here...fairness does not mean to buy things I don't need...

But you're right. W9 doesn't have to be free, if it'll be useful.
    Actually nothing is 'free'. Consider 'free' apps such as angry birds. Their price is YOU, better said your privacy collecting personal data. With windows 8 M$ gets both money and your data. :D
    And who really needs apps which are badly implemented on a desktop OS?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    You are obviously entitled to you opinion - which I do respect - however it may be misguided.. :confused:

.. not if most corporates deploy it and you want to be gainfully employed in that sector..

.. not sure about that - given the changes from win8 to 8.1, it constitutes almost a total re-write - if they were so professional why release such a below-par OS in the first place?

.. so do I, within limits - if you think you are getting value for money go ahead.. I personally think one gets a hellva lot more bang for your (voluntary) buck from a Linux distro..rather than being "crazy in love" with it.

.. and as Yen has alluded to.. the collection of unsolicited personal information is despicable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. hanni.mannimeter

hanni.mannimeter MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2013
    Nowadays people want everything for free free free.
    Does anybody think about the fact that people need to work and need to be paid for that?

This whole free scheme is in the end only leading to less wages,
    or working for free.

5. moderator

moderator MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2013
    wiser words have not been spoken earlier on this forum

sure thing...it is known as business :D

can they...can any computer user totally abstain from windows :rolleyes:

true...if you got grievances with windows go make your own operating system :p

yes please feel free...mycrowsoft is not holding no gun at your head ;)

6. moderator

Oct 16, 2013
    free only for mobile operating systems

angry birds for windows is not free...never has been :tea:

7. Femfatale

Femfatale MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2011
    I wish it was free, We shall see :)

8. YessMann

YessMann MDL Member

Nov 27, 2012
    $1 for Win9 (including DVD) :D

9. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    At MDL.. it most likely will be :biggrin:

10. moderator

Oct 16, 2013
    birds

run a search...plenty of cracks / hacks / patches for the full version out there ;)