Windows Update Manager

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by DavidXanatos, Aug 16, 2018.

1. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009
  2. Paul Reed

Paul Reed MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2020

Is there a document on proper uses of the command line switches?

3. spinalGR

spinalGR MDL Senior Member

Oct 16, 2014
    gr8 job David !

4. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    This is Awesome ! :clap::clap:

5. Aenra

Aenra MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2016
    Getting some errors lately..

All in stock, fresh installations; no mods, hacks or cracks, no alterations, really mean fresh:

i) Failed to find URL for update #
    (even though i can find it myself, even though the URL really is correct)

ii) Updates that fail to install for the above reason are nonetheless marked as "installed"

Repeating the process results in the exact same error; i.e. if it happens to you once, it's gonna be keep happening no matter what, ie even when deleting everything from Windows\SoftwareDistribution, starting a fresh new process of Update Manager, etc etc.
    "Latest" 1.1B version running.

And while i'm honestly thankful for the time put into this and its being free to use?
    Jeesus, some ten..? More..? years later, can we really not have a proper, functional update manager?
    This one has issues that once there are unavoidable and recurring. Update mini Tool, which i've used before this, has random errors also eventually forcing one to start over from scratch.. Arrrggh :)

6. sl0519

sl0519 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
  7. Rev11

Rev11 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2017
    I was looking at the code at how this program disables the automatic updates.
    Does anyone know why does the program disables UsoSvc (Update Orchestrator Service) and WaaSMedicSvc (Update Medic) services but does not bother with wuauserv (Windows Update) service itself?

Is there a particular reason to ignore it or do the updates stop even with it remaining enabled?

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    1. Keep the Translation.ini next to the wumgr.exe;
    2. Check the Translation.ini for the language code of your desired language (for example de or fr) - the language codes are in square brackets, like [de];
    3. Open the wumgr.ini and add the line
    Code:
    Lang=xx
    Replace the xx with your language code.

9. Dytto

Dytto MDL Novice

Aug 11, 2016
    Does the software have the function of memory window size? I use 4K resolution. Every time I open the software, the window is very small and needs to be re-adjusted.

10. adric

adric MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2009