Windows XP Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by bridgette, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #61 Yen, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Either you share something voluntarily to make somebody happy or you keep it yourself!
    Make your decisions silently without to indoctrinate, please. Your comments on that have no place here. Share it or not. Up to you.

And may I tell you it is our job to point members to the rules, not yours. And I don't like your moaning and insulting attitude. You point on rule 1.3 at your signature. That's irony and also bold to alter OUR rules...

You don't have to share something here at MDL, MDL is not dependent on it.....it should be fun for yourself, else simply let it be!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bridgette

bridgette MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2018
    Anyone on here from Vietnam or has any ties to that area i'm looking for the Vietnamese version of xp starter edition or the xp starter version from that area.
    not begging just asking for info.

3. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Hi, one can rebuild BR localized ISO from archive.org using CDIMAGE 2.52p and the following command line:

Code:
    cdimage -n -o -xx -bBootSector.bin -g228 -t3/31/2005,12:00:00 -lV2ACOEM_BR CDFolder V2ACOEM_BR.iso
    The resulting ISO image will match the posted SHA-1 hash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. bridgette

bridgette MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2018
    sorry for being a noob but i found the cdimage 2.52p so how does one go about doing this?

5. selflearner

selflearner MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2017
  6. Super Hacker 910

Super Hacker 910 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2018
    #66 Super Hacker 910, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    You know I did that? I am doing it for all XP Starter Editions. Also, how did you even get that? I deliberately made the identifier random.
    Please don't share it around for now because I have to wait for all uploads to finish and I will add those to the collection thread.

All Windows XP Starter Editions (except for the Language Selection CD) currently available has been uploaded to archive.org. If you want to download anything, the links are here.

As for the Language Selection CD, it is meaningless to have it uploaded without the actual setup disc. If you really want it, please PM me.

7. bridgette

bridgette MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2018
    do you have any of these region customization pack files or cd's? if so could you share them with me?like i said im sorry for anything ive done or said and would like to start over on this.thanks in advance

8. daniel_k

daniel_k MDL Member

Jan 21, 2019
    You're such a nice person, @Super Hacker 910, took the time to reply to someone who isn't able to find out what is asking for a single post above.

9. vanelle

vanelle MDL Expert

Sep 22, 2014
    #72 vanelle, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
    @bridgette
    Starter SP2a (2005) - Spanish-Latin-America - Region Customization Pack

have you ever read the
    README.RTF inside the CD-root folder ?

why do you think i prefix each language with the hex Language code ?
    have you ever notice the subfolder-names inside the CD's :confused:

maybe this help you (if not, then nobody can help you)

It took me some time to map the languages to the hex directories (extract each msi)
    At least you should take the time to think about the postings before you ask

10. selflearner

selflearner MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2017
  11. Holy Penguin

Holy Penguin MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2023
    Hi. Just to let anyone interested know: I've seen XP Starter Edition in Serbia too. Although they were only available to OEMs. I've seen several computers that came installed with it. Unfortunately, they didn't have those nice wallpapers like some other editions. they used a generic neutral wallpaper. I think they were probably aftertought as Serbia was not originaly planed as one of the markets for XP Starter.

I searched for available XP Starter ISOs on Archive.org and I think that some of them got deleted. If my memory serves me right someone uploaded a bunch of Starter Edition ISOs (with different localizations) to Archive.org several years back. My guess is those might be available on Beta Archive. I don't really have the access to their FTP server, so that's just a guess.

12. Holy Penguin

Holy Penguin MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2023
    Take it as a rumour more than a fact. At least for now. I'll try to verify if I come into posession of something with XP Starter. Or if I see XP Starter somewhere.

Will do. Thanx. :)