WindSLIC UEFI SLIC injector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Twosmoker

Thanks for the feedback. You need to install matching cert & OEM:SLP key too, which can be done via Windows Loader.

Regarding Thaiphoon Burner, let me have a look.

2. Twosmoker

Twosmoker MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2017
    #842 Twosmoker, Sep 9, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
    @Tito i really have to thank you. Now I could activate the Windows with Windows Loader v2.2.2 by DAZ. This did not work before the Bios Mod. Do I have to re-flash the bios now every time, if I reinstall the system, or is now stored in the BIOS fixed.

Windows_Activated.png

If I switch back to Windows 10, does that have any effects for me?

And thank you for taking a look at Thaiphoon Burner resp. Flashing a bios with changed SPD Write capability.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @Twosmoker

Welcome & thanks for the feedback.

1. Click here to get an idea about OEM:SLP activation. The loader can emulate a SLIC table & additionally install matching certificate & key. In your case, you've got a GPT partition scheme as Windows is installed in UEFI mode, so the loader doesn't work. By using the SLIC modded bios, we satisfy the need of SLIC, thus no SLIC emulation is needed. The mod is permanent & you don't need to re-flash bios. All you need to do after reinstalling Windows is install appropriate cert and key, which can be done manually or Windows Loader can do it for you.

2. Based on the OEM:SLP activated Windows 7, you're eligible to get a lifetime digital entitlement of Windows 10. Once you establish the entitlement, you just need to be online after reinstallation - Windows will check against Microsoft licensing servers & you'll be instantly activated.

3. Do your mobo support USB BIOS FLASHBACK?

4. Twosmoker

Twosmoker MDL Novice

Sep 7, 2017
    @Tito ok thanks a lot.

No it does not support USB BIOS Flashback.

5. w2k4eva

w2k4eva MDL Novice

Jul 6, 2017

If only it were that simple.... I am using the injector modified by facePalmer at https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windslic-uefi-slic-injector.29740/page-33#post-877828 which does what I want, if only I can get it to actually run!

Trying to use bcdedit to change the path on the {bootmgr} entry gives the appearance of being changed, but when booting it still uses the MS version at the original path instead! I tried the above remedy but the problem persisted. The only way I could get the injector to run was instead of modifying the path on that entry, to instead copy it to a fresh entry and edit the copy. Then when booting I must press F9 to get a menu of boot devices, navigate the menus and pick the WindSlic entry from a menu - this does actually run and allows activation.

My problem is, how to make this the default boot entry? I have tried putting the appropriate default and timeout tags on the new entry, and removing them from the other entries, but a default boot always uses the MS original. Any ideas?

6. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @w2k4eva

What is the model of your mobo/PC & what's the version of the installed firmware?

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #848 Tito, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    @w2k4eva

This is a known bug in HP PCs having Insyde firmware.

On the other hand, it would be way more easier to unlock the SLIC on this laptop using HP marker tools.

8. Quatrier

Quatrier MDL Novice

Jul 23, 2013
    #849 Quatrier, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    EDIT: Problem solved. Don't even know how...

9. JoshT

JoshT MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2016
    #850 JoshT, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    @Tito

I'm probably about to buy a Kaby Lake based Clevo P650HS-G without an OS and really want to install Windows 7 Ultimate. I've been asking owners about its BIOS options and have been told that it does not have CSM or Legacy bios mentioned in any of the settings, but it does have the option to turn off UEFI. Since I do not yet know if Daz Loader will work I was looking into this as another activation option until I spotted the following post.

Admittedly I did not read the whole thread, but what do you mean by this? This laptop uses a i7-7700hq or i7-7820hk processor and a Intel HM175 Express chipset, will this platform still support WindSLIC?

Really wanting to run Windows 7, but am not going to install a modded BIOS to do it. This WindSLIC option looked promising, but now I'm concerned. I was probably going to also get digital entitlement for 10 and dual boot, but I'm thinking that probably can't be done if I use Professional or Enterprise and the KMS emulator option.

Will WindSLIC still work or am I going to be SOL?

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @JoshT

Heya!

An user named @goodflood is having a hard time installing Windows 7 in UEFI mode on a similar laptop originally made by Clevo. I know there's an option to 'turn off UEFI', but I'm not sure whether it enables CSM along with UEFI or not.

To get the most compatibility, I would suggest to go for Windows 10 on these laptops. If you can install Windows 7, you can use KMS activation on Professional or Enterprise without relying on SLIC. SLIC can also be emulated by Clover.

11. JoshT

JoshT MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2016
    #852 JoshT, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Yeah, read his thread. Just a WAG, but I think a lot of his problem may be related to the laptop vendor or more specifically a customized (by/for vendor) BIOS which is pretty common for these Clevo systems. Also much different components which could have an effect. That said there is a custom BIOS in work for the one I'm looking at which will definitely reenable CSM support among other things, plus it will be supplied, supported, and warrantied by the vendor. Unfortunately no word yet on when it will be finished and I don't want to wait to run 7.

I've got no doubt that you are right about better compatibility, but I will be installing Windows 7 if at all possible when I get. If not I'll run 10 until the custom BIOS is available then get 7. I'll have 10 installed either way, but I'd really like to dual boot with 7 as my primary OS.

My issue with going Professional or Enterprise and KMS activation is I'd also like to get the digital entitlement upgrade for 10 Pro. Is that even possible with KMS activation? I actually have a 7 Home key that I can and don't mind using for 7, even Home will handle most of my uses on a laptop. I'd like to use Daz's Loader (or similar activator) and 7 Ultimate to get the entitlement upgrade, but if I can use gatherosstate/Genuine Ticket method with a KVM activated 7 Professional installation I'll do it since it qualifies for 10 Pro.

So I googled Clover and found the site, but it seems to mostly reference using for iOS. I haven't really figured it out yet or using it for 7. Do I still use Daz's Loader or WindSLIC with it or does it replace them? Can you point me in the direction of a thread/site that discusses using Clover for Windows 7?

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Install 8.1 Pro, KMS activate it, upgrade using a 10240 Pro or 10586 Pro iso and next you can install any 10 pro build you like and it will be HWID activated.

13. vartaxe

vartaxe MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    I installed windows 7 ultimate in uefi with gpt and now it seems there isn’t any way to get this activated :/
    Tried windows loader, kmspico, kms_vl_all, microsoft toolkit without any luck :(
    Can windslic help?
    Please help

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  15. vartaxe

vartaxe MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    Thanks i will give windslic a try!
    Btw is windslic also going to work with windows 10?

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When assessing that question i would strongly advise to install 7 pro or enterprise and use a KMS tool.

17. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Like Loader by Daz it was, is and will be Win 7 only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. JoshT

JoshT MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2016
    Enthousiast, sorry to drag this up again, just want to make sure I understand you right.

1) Install 8.1 Pro and activate using one of the KMS tools from the site
    2) Do an upgrade install using 10586 Pro iso (does it matter if .0, .104, .164?)
    3) Connect to internet so it can register HWID
    4) Clean install latest version of 10 Pro

After clean install I won't have to run KMS tool again will I?

Could same be done with a "Simplix" or "Windows 7 Image Updater" modified version of a Windows 7 Pro used in place of 8.1 Pro? I've already got everything downloaded for updating a 7 ISO?

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes, to establish a free HWID that's correct.

You can do it with 7 SP1 DAZ activated too,

Or do the gatherosstate route and skip the upgrade at all.