Would You Like To Find Out If Your Windows 10 License Is Permanent?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Aug 23, 2015.

1. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011
  2. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    only with a mak key, which you only get (for now) with a legit msdn subscription

3. RADITZDJ

RADITZDJ MDL Member

Jun 24, 2011

ouch... :weep:

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    freiwald is correct :D

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Honestly I don't get the purpose of this thread. :D KMS requires renewal, but is as permanent as other licenses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    lol, some are afraid that the license expires after 180 days and they stand out in the rain. KMS was discussed down to the bone but it seems "they" don't read .... unbelievable ... and it is SO easy :D

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #27 Nucleus, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    have nothing against kms but it would be nice to get a legit LTSB key without the need to "pirate" it.
    got a dreamspark account so i got the education edition and 3 pro retail keys. still i don't want to use them and so im forced to either use a "pirated version", buy a mak key für 25 euros in bitcoins (which will get deactivated in a few weeks or months anyway) or get a legit msdn subscription which i could never afford. damn you ms :( don't make it so hard, give us users a real choice here. put it into stores and i will buy it

9. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    #29 Edwe, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    freiwald, the legit keys are already given to them who have paid.
    The Volumelicensed got them at 1 of august, not sure about the LTSB
    All else is "pirated"

10. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    It has been asked, "What is the purpose of this thread?" Quite obvious, actually. You see, not everyone is as well informed as the elite, high ranking, and intelligent top members of this forum, who know each and every thread and post by heart. There are some who frequent this forum who have not had opportunity or time to read each and every thread, and so do not have the same level of education as the esteemed few who retain the aforementioned knowledge. Think of it as a review for those of you who already command knowledge of this subject, and consider it new information for others who were not aware of the existence of this tool. If just one member of this forum learns new (to them) information from the creation of this thread, is that not demonstration of it's worth?

The better question is "Why am I taking the time to read this thread, and make replies to this thread, if I already know all there is to know about the subject? Is someone forcing me to read this thread? Am I being compelled to read and comment? "

Food for thought................

11. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012

Or you could have just bumped one of the other hundred threads with the same content instead of making a new one

12. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I understand hence I replied to inform. :) When being here for 8 years it's sometimes hard to comprehend that people apply measures to their system without being informed before what it really is.

I do not primarily mean the slmgr commands, I mean KMS activation and the fact that it is a dynamic licensing. For instance when I have 10 licenses I can activate maximum 10 clients at once. Therefore the clients have to communicate with the KMS server asking for renewal. The advantage of this model is that different clients can have an activation, but only 10 clients at once. To manage this the license has to expire after a defined period (usually max. 180 days), but 10 clients can be activated all the time...:)

13. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    there is too many lazy ppl out there who like spoon-feeding rather than doing some homework. Do you have an idea where the knowledge of these guys came from telling the same story over and over again? It is boring and including myself a time consuming and useless task over the time. If we got refunds out of this work, I wouldn't complain but we do it for nothing, waste our free time and even PAY for some stuff so that the lazy ones easily can enjoy life ... a sudden end is near, believe me :D

14. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    And for those sentiments, I truly thank you! And Tito found it expedient to provide additional information also, as have others within this thread.. To me, the informative and instructive contributions to a thread are what enriches it, no matter who deems it to be of benificial subject matter. Replies expressing one's inability to comprehend the purpose of it's existence benefits no one , except to inform others of the fact that comprehension is lacking.

How's that old saying go.... You can please some of the people all the time, and all the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time. ;)

15. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    If that is your viewpoint, then I respect the fact that you have a right to have your opinion and your conceived perception. However, you just superbly demonstrated an example of the concept behind my last question, which is Paul, since your time is so valuable, and since it is such a time consuming task to read this thread, why in the world are you wasting your free time reading and commenting on this thread, without even so much as making one little constructive addition to help someone? What is your purpose for being within this thread? It's an easy question, so an answer should be simple, though I suspect I already have an idea of what your purpose is.

You know, I traveled through a town not too long ago, and there was a man on a corner, with a loudspeaker and wearing a large billboard on his front and back, that read the exact same thing.... The End Is Near!! I hate to break the news to you, but the end is near for us all, one way or the other. Only one exit door from this ride for any of us....

I have a suggestion for you, Paul, with all due respect. I do not wish to be responsible for wasting any more of your time, nor do I wish to bore you any further or be the cause of any discomfort as a result of any future posts I may make. I would be comfortable with you adding me to your Ignore List, thereby negating any adverse effects I may have upon the distribution of your time and efforts. I believe that to be an amicable solution to what I perceive to be your unfavorable perception of my posts. Please give it serious thought. There are many other posts that you can turn your attention to. If you care to, I would be more than willing to provide you with my IP address, so that you can block me from your server, even though I have never once used it. Just PM me, and I'll provide the information forthwith.

Or, if that is something that you do not have the time to do, please let me know, and I will make time to add you to my ignore list (you would have the distinction of being the first entry), thereby never reading, responding, reading, responding, on and on, to your posts. That, too, would save you time and energy. Either way, just let me know, and we'll make life more convenient and time-efficient for you.

Have a nice day! :biggrin:

16. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This thread actually addresses an issue which is present at any other forums, too.
    "It has been posted many times before make your efforts and read, it annoys me." is posted frequently anywhere. The reply actually is of no help, also the people who do not make efforts to read.

I think both sides need to think about.
    Nobody has to reply, if a post seems to be annoying. If doing anyway the reply should be informative at least contain a link to another thread.
    People should inform before and use all the features a forum has to offer (search and the like). I mean when using a KMS tool from a forum where one is a new member it is reasonable to get all the info before I use it. I myself would like to know in advance what I install on my computer and if it is OK.

Questions Like: Why does 'my' license expire and what's after? Should have been answered before one KMS activates something..lol..

A community works by sharing new own contents and using present contents. To differentiate those who simply were not able to find the needed info or those who just are enforcing their idea to take away something for free, asking what they need to apply it and vanish without any useful extra contributions sometimes fails...BUT there is no reason to become disrespectful to a member.
    As mentioned already, nobody has to reply to an 'annoying' post.
    When nobody is replying the OP has to search on his own..finally..:D;)

17. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009

seems I've hit a BIG nerve ... hihihi

18. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    What's with the drama queen fresh from political-correctness school? Geez, it's cringeworthy.

Passive-aggressive fake politeness pisses me off.

19. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    Every word is VERY true!! Words of wisdom, absolutely!

20. ChaserLee

Oct 7, 2014
    I will interpret that as a polite request from you to be added to my Ignore List. Very well, consider it done. You've done nothing except to illuminate to anyone reading this thread what your purpose was from the start. Bye, Paulie.