Would You Like To Find Out If Your Windows 10 License Is Permanent?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ChaserLee, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I like the idea of a Windows 10 FAQ page. Everything in one place. Easy to search, easier for new people to find things.
    If the concept proves itself for Windows 10, perhaps it could serve as a template for other Operating Systems here.

I'd be willing to help out with the collection of information. Just let Me know, and I'll jump right in. :)

@ChaserLee: if you're ever in New York City, let Me know. I'd be glad to show you the sights. :)

:MJ

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    And thereby save everyone having to read through ChaserLee's long posts of endless waffle about everything that has nothing whatsoever to do with a Windows forum! This is a forum about Windows 10, please collate all useful information posted in the thread so far into the OP, it will spare us having to wade through all the drivel. Or alternatively as was suggested many pages back - ppl could just use the forums Search function as this stuff has been posted many times over.

Saying that new users may find this thread useful is nonsense. That logic could equally be applied to every thread on MDL!

If you are going to collate the useful into into the OP please include what I posted at post #27.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    This thread contains more than the topic. It reflects human relationship and the way to communicate.
    I can understand people complaining when a thread goes off topic anyway it reflects a natural human conversation. In real life you cannot delete what is off topic and in real life humans go off topic per se....and you are judging about the thread afterwards
    You should people let make their own opinion and not yours..."Saying that new users may find this thread useful is nonsense."

Moderators are forced to categorize......an originally windows related topic / thread reflects now the issue of spoon-feeding versus useless 'arrogant/derogatory replying...'

I decided to let it run....you don't need to complain you can use your mentioned search function and all the off topic stuff won't show up...

The tech subject doesn't concern w10 only.....

If one wants to write a summary we'd need to think to add it to an existing repository.
    The topic consists actually of two things: Licensing types dynamic/static....and slmgr commands...it applies to vista onwards...

4. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Thank You Yen. Hopefully, others will eventually understand this.

:MJ

5. TCM

TCM MDL Addicted

Aug 25, 2011
    I thought this was a technical forum and not a support group to have your periods together.

6. ChaserLee

ChaserLee MDL Senior Member

Oct 7, 2014
    Yes, I started this thread with a singular post describing one, single, solitary command line tool for someone to use, if they so desire.

I fail to understand how you presume to know what I feel is better for everyone. To enlighten you, I never attempt to anticipate the needs of anyone, let alone everyone. Nor do I even come close to thinking I know what's best for everyone. That's not me....

Thank you for thinking of me, and helping me with your suggestion and idea. I am sincere in telling you that. Let me, at the same time, point out that it is your idea to compile all the info in one spot.

That's why I said that I would look forward to reading a thread, started by you, containing your idea. I think it's brilliant. It's just not something I'm prepared to author. I authored a post containing one
    command, and that was it. Pure and simple. If you care to make a FAQ regarding Windows 10, I believe you would have many, many readers in that thread, and it would be a good contribution to the forum. You already have the offer of help from M.J. , so that's a good start.

I did not take offense at your reply, I hope you realize that. It was not your bad, not at all, where I'm concerned. Like I said, a brilliant idea, and one you might give serious thought to bringing to life.

7. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #67 Nucleus, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007

It is a technical forum. And this is a thread which developed itself over night the way it is (I actually had closed it after my first reply where I wrote :"What is the purpose of this thread..." and before my second if I had been online that time)

It has become an example of something which affects other forums as well. It's about communication and issues. Consider it as experiment this time.
    I myself want to learn and moderators usually delete OT posts and or / close threads, the actual issue never has time for reflecting people the other way.

I do not support a group I said :"I think both sides need to think about."
    I (we) of course take care that MDL stays informative and clean up threads the common way.
    But when finally people read it and can comprehend both sides, take it to learn then it has had its sense.