WoW6 / WOW7 pre-version for SLP2.1 is out!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Yen, Oct 31, 2008.

1. anarchron

anarchron MDL Novice

Mar 7, 2008
    Nope. I just tried the alternate menu.lst and it still doesn't work.

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #62 Yen, Nov 13, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I very interested in keep updating WOW if its possible. So lets work together on whatever needs to be done.

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks, flagmax, I'm very glad to hear that.;)

To improve WoW, please post your acpiscope (rw everything) report of an unactivated machine after the execution of wow 5.......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. s_kates81

s_kates81 MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2008
    Yen,
    Finally I was able to activate vista using the latest wow. But not with the latest bios version which I updated i.e. The September version, of which I was not able to activate vista by even trying the latest wow.
    Ok, to make the story short, once I was unable to activate vista on the latest bios i.e. September 08, I tried downgrading bios to the version my laptop came with, i.e. The July 08 version, in the process, I bricked my bios and had to send the laptop back to HP for the bios repair. HP guys restored the bios to original i.e. July version and sent the laptop to me. And Viola! I was able to activate vista using the latest invisible wow. Thanks God :)

6. alex_a008

alex_a008 MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2008
    After many many cracks, many installs and backups I finaly managed to see "Windows is activated". u guys are THE BEST!!! I truly thank you!!! I have a HP 6820s. THANKS AGAIN!!!

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #68 Yen, Nov 16, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
    (OP)

This is a interesting story! Too bad you didn't upload the AcpiScope report with the latest bios.
    Would you please tell me the model of your Notebook and would you please upload a AcpiScope report of your current bios version.

@ All: Please support us to improve WoW...
    @ ALEX Thank you for your feedback! :)
    Thanks.

8. ttaiw

ttaiw MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2008
    Working with my dc-7600
    thank you very much..

9. s_kates81

s_kates81 MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2008
    I am a newbie, don't know what's an AcpiScope report. Anyways, my notebook is compaq cq20-116TU.

Thanks once again for your wonderful work Yen !

10. sieko

sieko MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2008
    hi guys

1st of all yen, flagmax ( and every one helped ) thank you so much for all the work you have done .. I have hp 530 and I tried every crack nothing did it but WoW5 .. works like a charm

my hp 530 is the one with the broadcom wireless lan . and its working but not probarley . 1st the driver didn't really finish succesfully , also every time I try to connect to a network I find no network around .. and then I diagnose why I can't find any network then I use that option start wireless servise ( also it was on I cheched ) then every thing works fine and normal .

its not really a big thing I mean I can live with it .. but I thought may be If I ask you'll just fix it as a minore issue

thanks again for all the effort you put into WoW

11. pooh_hw

pooh_hw MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
    I can't get WoW 5.2.3 to work on my Compaq CQ40-104AX.
    I've installed WoW as the instruction described, but it's not activated.
    Attached is my AcpiScope report.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

12. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Hi and thanks for the feedback. I can't help you with the Wireless lan problem you are having as it has nothing to do with this project. Unless you see the problem only after running WOW. All I can say is install latest driver.

@pooh_hw:
    I will take a look at your report later today and hopefully we'll find a solution, stay tuned.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #74 Yen, Nov 20, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
    (OP)
    There is a incomplete SLIC found at 3FEED000h linked from RSDT and XSDT!

Is the report made with WoW5 installed?

Please post both AcpiScope reports. With WoW5 applied and without to compare.
    IMO WoW wasn't executed.
    How exactly did you install WoW?
    How many partitions have you got?
    Where is Vista located, where is the file bootmgr located?
    Do you use multiboot OS?

Thanks.

14. pooh_hw

pooh_hw MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
  15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Ok, thank you.

Yes, bootmgr is located at C:\ if you have installed Vista to C:\, no other OS before.....

Install WoW again (double click on the exe), choose C:\ (root) as installation path, REBOOT and make another AcpiScope report, thanks.

16. pooh_hw

pooh_hw MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
    Here is the AcpiScope report after installing WoW.
    Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

17. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    #78 flagmax, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
    This report shows a good ASUS slic table. Install ASUS certificate and it should activate.

Why is ASUS?!... Did you get your bios modded or has WOW been patched to ASUS?

EDIT:
    From this report It looks like you have flashed to a modded bios or using something other than WOW 5.2.3. The ASUS slic thats there now is at 3FEFE17Ch and was at 3FEED000h in original report. First of all, I can say that WOW will not move a halfmapped SLIC and when it creates a new one, it will always be infront of RSDT/XSDT. So this is NOT the work of WOW.

Let us know the details, thx.

18. flagmax

flagmax MDL Member

Jun 22, 2008
    pooh_hw
    I don't know how Microsoft Windows Vista Developer Activation 2.0 works. From that site it looks like it uses grub as well and maybe it installs in mbr so it runs even if you format/delete partitions. This would explain how your half mapped SLIC changes to a valid ASUS slic. I can say that WOW is not executing because it would patch ASUS to HP. Or maybe the second report is of an emulated bios of Activation 2.0.

Have you tried ASUS certificate? If it don't activate then MICRO$OFT found a way to stop Activation 2.0. You will need to install MS standard mbr to disable Activation 2.0 before using WOW.