Wow7b bootsector

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by nononsence, Jun 2, 2010.

1. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    #1 nononsence, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Thanks. It's always good to have alternative ways. WoW7 doesn't relocate the RSDP and hence there will be no problems with EBDA. Anyway other loaders may be more compatible, but wow could work where other loaders don't.....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Hey guys I was so enthused about using this but it bricked my boot. I coulnd't use RE at all. And gave me blue screen saying to update my bios. So finally I used the first 3 cmds in "repo" to get back into windows with Install disk at PE. Anyways thought I'd inform you as to my experience...lol Keep up the testing...lol

V3000... out ;)

4. nononsence

nononsence MDL Addicted

Aug 18, 2009
    #4 nononsence, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
    (OP)
    sorry about that, you should only have to boot from install dvd type SHIFT+10
    then type bootsect /nt60 sys to get your system to boot again. I went ahead
    and added F5 as the recovery key, so a bricked boot can bypass Wow by pressing
    F5 after POST.

It's not my intention to take over development of Wow, Yen had mentioned that he
    had never got a copy of the source, so I put recovery of the Wow source on my
    list of things to do. I PM'd him after I got a working sample and he suggested I post
    it. so this for the loader enthusiasts and to give users another choice.

if you post a dump of the ACPI tables I can trace though the code and see if I
    introduced a bug during disassembly.

PS: uninstall any loaders before the dump please.

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    SO normal loaders don't touch the bootsector and this writes the loader to the bootsector instead of the place loaders are normally located?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Nah, loaders edit the bootsector to point to the loader, this stashes the whole program inside the bootsector.

7. ddom

ddom MDL Novice

Jul 7, 2011
    I need to post five time to be able to get something...

8. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Works nicely, thanks guys!