Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by offon7544, Oct 10, 2008.
There is only 1 problem: i didnt understand a THING!
Removed unnecessary question.
You need to login to view this posts content.
Seems like the experts are still away... I have some questions too..Anyone here?
and i think this will be the method of the future to come. SSV2/3 Methods could be recognized to easy from MS
How can i update my modded slic 2.1 bios with newer bios from Asus without losing slic 2.1 in it?
How can i update my modded slic 2.1 bios with newer bios from Asus without losing slic 2.1 in it? My mobo is ASUS M4A78-PRO with AMI bios.
hi there, is the same to flash asus mobo and hp pc with asus mobo???
Why not also modify the newer BIOS, just to be safe?
I have both self-modded and unmodded versions of 0703 (ASUS P6Z68V-LX) just for running checks on if the SLIC MOD actually took (still waiting to purchase the board itself); this will be the first BIOS I've selfmodded (usually I download a pre-modded BIOS - if I use a modded bIOS at all; the BIOS in my current P5G412M-LX2/GB I got here).
I use the same tools to flash a modded BIOS that work for an unmodded one - including Windows-based flash tools such as AsusUpdate (which i used to flash to the BIOS I'm running on my P5G41M-LX2/GB).
That said, here are how to make sure that AsusUpdate is as trouble-free as possible:
1. Unload all the software you can from running tasks/processes (especially anything that loads on startup) - Task Manager is great at spotting hidden tasks and processes.
2. Before starting AsusUpdate, also exit (not minimize) Task Manager.
3. This makes sure that the addresses that AsusUpdate will need are clean of any possible conflicts.
4. If AsusUpdate tells you that the update was successful, it will ask to reboot - do so right away (do NOT stall).
5. It is pretty much certain that you won't have the same settings in the new BIOS that you did in the old if you moved away from the defaults (and most of us did) - be prepared to painstakingly re-create the settings you had from the old BIOS. (Better yet, write the old settings down - and not in Notepad; if you DO put them in a text file, print it prior to flashing.)
What is available for Asus K73E
Forgot to say thanks.
Hello, Trying to mod this motherboard:
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WIFI)
modded with PHOENIXTOOL273
Complete SLIC (2.0) (AMI OEMSLIC)(x1)
SLIC FILE ASUS.BIN
SLP FILE -
KEY FILE KEY.TXT
RW FILE -
METHOD (new module)
When I made last mod to bios 602 all went OK.
the modified bios 602 was recognized by EZ FLASH 3 and flashing went ok.
but now, this new bios 805 gives me this error:
Selected file is not a proper bios
I was flashing with "EZ Flash 3" from bios.
usb disk was FAT32 formatted
also note that the original bios 805 is recognized, correctly
and it would start the flash process,
but the modified 805 bios gives me the error message.
Tried to flash also by inserting the usb disk in the bios usb socket
and pushing the "flash bios" button but no luck.
Can you give me some hints? please?
(of course I could keep my bios 602)
try this mod https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/award-ami-bios-mod-requests.5863/page-3154#post-1504358
^^ I was pretty sure that after flashing ASUS EFI with bios, modified by "new module" method, new SLIC stays permanent, which means you can flash new unmodded versions of bios without fear of wiping inserted SLIC out.