Coronavirus | Discussion

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Deleted member 1254778, Feb 28, 2020.

1. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #2161 PointZero, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022

2. Palladin

Palladin MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2014
    The article you posted shows exactly what I was talking about, when I said that it would be possible to find web sites to prove or disprove any of the medications effectiveness. At the top of the article it states: Ivermectin intended for animal use should not be taken by humans which is 100% not true. And if you scroll down the article towards the bottom they say: It is known that ivermectin has a good safety profile at standard dosing levels.

Well the article that I posted above: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/ seems to disagree that it isn't suitable for humans. So which is it.

And to your point about it being a prescription drug, so what. The link you posted shows that there are 12 doctors that can prescribe Ivermectin, and there are about 850,000 - 900,000 doctors currently practicing medicine in the USA. What's wrong with that picture...12 out of 850,000??

I'll tell you what's wrong. Ivermectin is off patent and is cheap, like $2.00 a dose. Not much money to be made by Merck peddling that stuff. But they can charge much more for the J&J vaccine and that's what they are doing. Follow the money.

And speaking of following the money. Where's the incentive for a hospital to prescribe Ivermectin when the cost is so low, _AND_ it might cure the patient. But if they patient dies of Covid-19, it's worth about $30,000 more or less to the hospital.

Tin foil hatconspiracy theory? Maybe. But the fact remains that hundred of thousands of people are dying of a disease that might not have died had a readily available inexpensive treatment been offered to them, but wasn't.

Attached Files:

3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  4. PointZero

PointZero MDL Member

Oct 5, 2011
    #2164 PointZero, Mar 7, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022

5. Palladin

Feb 1, 2014
  6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2166 Yen, Mar 8, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    The concerns are that people do exceed the therapeutic dose that has been determined for anti-worm use and is known to be safe. One dose is 150 to 200µg per kilogram body weight. Some people are already overchallenged doing the right maths, especially converting it to a horse paste equivalent.
    Another point is that at some countries the laws for animal use allow to use a quality which is not medical standard, means can have more impurities. This should not apply to the US where the standard is USP (United States Pharmacopeia).
    In other countries, though they do not use (human)medical standard for animal use.

I agree with saying it should be a prescription drug. BUT available for medical use world-widely. Anyway it is one of the safest drug we have. It's been administered over 3 billion times already!

Exactly my thoughts.
    It is even cheaper. India charges for 10x10 tablets 12 mg each (the highest dose available) 350MRP. This is 4.78 USD for 100 tablets largest dose available.

This means 4.78 CENT for a daily dose (one pill 12mg) for a 70 kg person!!!!

This would mean a dose of 171 µg / kg body weight which is perfectly in the middle of the therapeutic dose. (150-200µg)

It's available as generic drug, since the patent of Merck (Stromectol) has expired already.
    ref (for instance Iverheal-12): https://www.healingpharma.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Updated-product-list-5-nov-2020.pdf

Besides of that. The deaths related to the vaccines are already exceeding the stats for Ivermectin. This is impressing since ivermectin is used since decades and the vaccines some months only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You should be on the safe side since you've got your first jab already and gonna get fully vaccinated soon.
    Ivermectin is for people who already got COVID19 or are anti-vaccine.

They do not ship to EU. (https://anonym.to/?https://www.healingpharma.in/product/iverheal-12mg/) I used it as example how cheap it is in India.

Folks on youtube living in the UK try to get the original one (Stromectol) here: https://anonym.to/?https://ivermectin24h.com/

It's more expensive, though. Do it at your own risk. Not sure if they are reliable. No guarantees from myself.

I am trying to get it from India directly. Anyway do not know yet if it works. (And if the customs here will make any trouble).

9. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
  10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Yen, these poor sods, C-19 deniers and anti-vaxers - are screwed... Here come the "pollinators", bearing vacc... ermmm.... gifts.... :D

:p:D:p

11. Palladin

Feb 1, 2014
    Yen:
    I'd like your opinion on these Ivermectin products sold on Amazon. There are a lot of the paste products like I discussed earlier, and there is one product that caught my eye. It's a 1% solution for injection. Now I don't plan on getting a jab with this stuff, but it seems possible that you could just mix it with some water and drink it?

This is from Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Durvet-Iverm...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EJ4BKVB0C5WQE0WXTKDB

This is from Tractor Supply:
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-ivermectin-injection-1-sterile-solution-50-ml

And this is from the company that manufactures it. With a stern warning regarding human consumption. Which is kinda what you would expect. https://www.durvet.com/product/ivermectin-injection-1/

But still, if it comes from a reputable company, is refined to a 1% solution, and can be injected into horses and pigs. You would think it would be safe because if it wasn't a lot of farmers would be very unhappy with the product.

But I have no idea how much of this you would use as a safe dosage for a human, if any

Appreciate you input.
    Thanks

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  13. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    It was worse in the UK, proportionally but - awful!!!

14. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2174 Yen, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    I don't have much concerns about the quality. Especially solutions for injection usually are even sterile and do not contain much others ingredients (mostly saline).
    Yes and IVM solutions for injection can be applied orally.
    It depends on the drug alone if it can be administered orally or not!!! Some drugs do not pass stomach and get metabolized before they enter the blood, but IVM does not belong to them.

The ISSUE is the maths the right QUANTITY! You actually do not need much more than 1mL / 1g per day!!!! At horse paste even less!!!!!

Formula
    (BW*TD)/(P%*10) = mL injection solution and / or gram horse paste SINGLE dose!

BW= body weight in kilogram
    TD= therapeutic dose in mg/kg body weight. Lower limit 0.15 mg (150 µg) and UPPER limit 0.2 mg (200 µg)
    P% (percentage of either injection solution 1% OR horse paste 1.87%)

Example:
    70 kg body weight
    horse paste 1.87%
    UPPER limit single dose (200µg/kg means 0.2 mg/kg)

(70*0.2)/(1.87*10) = 0.75 grams MAX!!!!
    T

This is almost nothing and who has correct scales weighing below one gram?!?

The injection solution 1%:
    (70*0.2)/(1*10)= 1.4 grams or 1.4 mL MAX!!

You need something to measure 1.4 milliliter correctly! (Or scales to weigh correctly 1.4 grams)

Short: overdose is the most concern since 0.75 grams of horse paste is really not much!

Disclaimer:
    I do not recommend using IVM this way!!!
    I provide the right formula to illustrate how easily an overdose can happen!!!!!

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  16. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Btw, I know an Indian firm which ships to EU/UK etc. They have 6 and 12mg Ivermectin, 500mg Azythromcyn, Nimesulida and a whole lotta other... jolly little pills... if you know what I mean... :p

17. Palladin

Feb 1, 2014
    #2177 Palladin, Mar 10, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2021

Yen:
    Very informative.
    I had no idea the correct dosage was so small. It's easy to see why the manufacture doesn't want normal people fooling around with this stuff. Even if someone told you "don't take too much." That could easily amount to a 10x overdose.

I have a microgram scale so I did a bit of experimenting. I weighted10 pills then, 3, 2, 1 and it looks like I could measure the correct amount pretty accurately.

Seems to me the best way to do it, would be to get the 1% liquid, then get an asprin tablet or two, zero out the scale and add the correct amount of liquid from a syringe.

Take two pills and hope for the best.

P.S. That 50ml bottle on Amazon contains enough Ivermectin for about 35, or a month's doses according to your formulas.

Attached Files:

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    it is true here things are getting chaotic these days the government should enter the purple phase (criticizes) and then in the black phase making it is chaos the people do not know what to do my God in heaven ;):eek:

19. vladnil

vladnil MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2019
  20. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Don't waste your time, not worth it. Some people are just plain sheep. Real true information is out there and everyone is responsible to research and open their already brainwashed mind.