Dell Bios Editing / Removing Bios Lock / Changing Service / Asset Tag Software Here

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by kingedwards, May 18, 2010.

1. explorers

explorers MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2017
    tqhoang I flashed my bios 2 or 3 months ago and clear admin password.
    Thanks for codes.

2. davidm71

davidm71 MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Wonder if the download link is still working for the Dell security removal app?

3. meister_sd

meister_sd MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2012
  4. Serg008

Serg008 MDL BIOS/EFI Guru

Feb 23, 2010
  5. guilherme.costa

guilherme.costa MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    How change service tag Vostro 3560?

6. Rossi46

Rossi46 MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2016
    #89 Rossi46, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Hi, I hope someone may be able to help, I bought a used OptiPlex 9020 from ebay and found that the service tag on the motherboard does not match the one on the case.
    The machine is working fine but would like them to match if possible. In the bios the service tag is greyed out and cannot be changed.
    I have tried Asset.com and Asset209.com using asset /s XXXXXXX but neither work.
    Is a newer a utility needed or can it not be changed?

7. rednaxelz

rednaxelz MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2019
    Hi tqhoang!

I have Dell XPS 15 9530 with Service Tag: 1SN6M32, will you help me figure out the Admin Password?

8. rednaxelz

rednaxelz MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2019
    Thank you for your detailed feedback, really appreciate it. By the way, my BIOS is on A05 version. I may have to re-try inputting the generated password again, and see if holding the left control key will do the trick. On one hand, I came across one of the blog from "Jame's Blog", it's about "Dell XPS 9530 UEFI BIOS Recovery, in which he made a detailed instruction about forcing the system to update/downgrade the BIOS of Dell XPS 15 9530. I was just wondering if going thru this procedure would guarantee that the admin password would somehow be cleared after the update/downgrade procedure...

9. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    You're welcome...glad to help people if I know how to do something.

I don't think the admin password gets cleared. Typically it would just allow the possibility of an older master password algorithm.

But make sure you try that CTRL+ENTER+ENTER first with your BIOS A05. Also try it about 5+ times to see if the password screen changes and shows a suffix code. If you're still stuck, you can try to go to BIOS A01.

10. m.viktor90

m.viktor90 MDL Novice

May 23, 2019
    thx for the instructions!

11. LeonJersey

LeonJersey MDL Novice

Feb 9, 2020
    I've been searching for days for a thread like this!

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop second hand, but unfortunately it came with Ubuntu installed - I'm terrible on Windows as it is!

Anyway, I created a Win 10 iso using Rufus, thinking that would work, then found out _after_ I wiped Ubuntu that Win won't load because of Dell's shenanigans.
    I'm now stuck looking at the F2 setup page. I haven't got a clue what to do. Asked the seller if he'd buy it back, no cigar. So because I don't know where to start, very cheap, broken laptop for sale :-/

12. ExtremelyFancyUsername

Oct 17, 2018
    Is there a way I can disable CompuTrace on a M6500? I'm parting one out and want to disable CT because it kills any resale value of the board.

13. centurion2k

centurion2k MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2015
    What is the successor of this utility? Did that all changes to service tags end up using newer signed BIOSes in new DELL laptops? Is it possible to update service tag on signed BIOS? How about UEFI?