Moderation and censorship at virtual forums. [Discussion]

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by Garp _McGarpington, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    As always, nothing to add in a rational, decent manner, no proposals, nothing substantial, constructive!!!

Just personal abuse, because this is who Joe really is! A nasty, immature person!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Never heard Creepy Uncle Groping Joe Hide'n admit to beating him wife :confused: only Physically Abuse her on National TV by biting her o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    You spelled gorski wrong o_O OFF TOPIC personal attack doesn't belong in this or any thread and should be removed. That is what this thread is about :confused:

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    @gorski

You mentioned that you are an admin in your own forum.

What about to open exactly the same thread with the same headline?
    You post your initial post with your thoughts and let your members contribute.

And if you want you can link to it to share how it's going there.
    Would be a nice experiment!

And when having an opinion about a member and you post it like: This person is.... well, the question is always what you want to achieve by that? The purpose!
    You want to collect agreements? You want to 'change' that person? You want the team applying measures?

And generally: Does such a personal addressing as a post belong to a virtual forum at all?

5. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Right, let's not beat about the bush and try to hide, even though Joe is sometimes trying to hide and sometimes he just can't stop his evil nature to raise its ugly head, given things are seriously precisely documented by ipx:

So, no platitudes, please: this is all personal and abusive personally and it's coming from Joe, who also has applauders and enablers!

On the other hand, some of us are trying to be constructive and yet our posts are being "moderated". It's dead WRONG!

I would NEVER have either done or tried to "understand" this kind of behaviour:

"Joe C said:
    When I was I kid in the 1960's it was legal to beat your wife, and it was expected if she stepped out of line."

So, please, come again - somebody mentioned principles?!?

P.S. Yen, you read Serbo-Croat? I mean, if you doubt my word that people like Joe would not be allowed this kind of behaviour unchallenged and if needed, they would be banned and prevented from abusing other members... The whole point here is that you guys have not respected your own rules by allowing him to continue! Why? You tell me....

6. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Come again: who is the culprit here (for a millionth time) - ipx?!? Somebody who simply NOTES that somebody nasty did this nasty thing, somebody who actually objects to it? You are going to penalise the messenger?!? Is that right?!?

7. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Wow! This is a war zone!
    Now I'm watching this thread, and with email notifications!
    Yeah!

:popcorn:

8. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    AFAIK, I've never met any of you in RL.

With that said, what gives me the right to make a judgemental statement about any of you?

Your words posted here? You can not make a sensible decision about a person unless you are -directly- interacting with them.

That's why I tend to take everything posted with a "grain of salt".

After all...what's true? and what is a word game being played by others.

Truth is, we'll never know.

9. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    You really seem adrift, sorry but... One moment you are disrespecting me and my experiences, siding with Bat1 on a ridiculous post, next you are applauding Joe for being nasty and personal and now this... Seriously? Jesus Marx wept...

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    For the record, as @urie will confirm: I hold this forum in a very, very high esteem and advertise it everywhere as such!!!

Holding you - MDL guys/staff - to higher standards is actually a SIGN OF RESPECT!!!

One doesn't do this with people one has no respect for!

One can only expect principled behaviour from people one holds as capable of such actions!

Hence, given the tile of the thread, one is trying to be CONSTRUCTIVE with some constructive propositions...

That is, as opposed to some really objectionable characters who are only personally abusive and have nothing constructive to add to any of this, except lick the boots of those who will have to make a decision in the end. (Bleurgh, that behaviour I find utterly repulsive!)

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    My reply was to this:
    gorsky, you are cherry picking that post to show your personal bias. I was offended by this reply and made my point of view. You can not seem to be able to make a point of view without personally making an attack on another member here. This is your problem, not mine.

12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    From the last time when eugenics guys were having a ball here - and I was attacking them - remind me, will you, which side were you on?

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I dunno and I do not care.... I do not hold personal grudges, I like my life to be happy.

14. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    [​IMG]

15. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    This is beyond a joke...

16. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I call him "Mr. Fondles"... :druff:

17. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    At thread

Stop ! :) ...... relax ...... take a mental step backwards ........ look at the situation again , neutraly and objectively . Try to get an overview and take the subject seriously ...... and show some responsibility ...... and ...... Please stop shouting at eachother .

Yen . Your talking about authority and its legitimation = Moderators have dutys ........ but your mixing two things up = The power and dutys of a moderator ....... and the decisions that moderators make . Two seperate things . Yes your a mod and yes you have a job to do ........ like a judge / referee ...... father :) ...... but you do it with your views , memes , psychology ....... and the way your doing it is not optimal . Its part of the problem ....... and its a typical web site / mod problem .

Things happen and just deleting things ( ignoring them / sweeping them under the carpet ) makes it worse . It doesnt stop things and it doesnt solve problems . It seriously annoys and degrades people . Dont mean to be rude but ........who are you to judge me ? :) To punish me ....... in public ?

Problems are there to solve ...... and its easy to solve this one = Talk about what you do and why . Explain it .

Analagy = Good fathers dont only give orders and expect their kids to understand things ......... they explain things ........ what they do and why = problems dont happen or get solved ....... and dont just go on and on and on ......... from one thread to another ......

For instance ......' Trolls ' ...... are easy to deal with ......we just have to point out the hate / emotion / confusion / irationality ....... and set limits = No insults , empty posts . That people are asked to explain their views . Either a person is rational or they get put in place . Everyone has a chance and has something to say ...... that we discern between opinion , facts and grounded theorys ....... and crap .

Your allowing people here to troll . The original corona thread is in the ' Serious discussions ' !!! section ....... but its full of chat ...... and people deliberately being obnoxious ...... and getting away with it . The people trying to take it seriosly are being shot at !!!

And before anyone says anything ....... Yes i've been a moderator / administrator / owner of web sites ....... and had no trouble with trolls or conspiracy ' theorys ' . Trolls are either mentaly confused or as thick as pig s**t .

18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    This is just a pc help forum, We are not here to make changes on mankind, nor will any pc forum do this. Yes, we can post our opinions here and that is by the grace of the Admins and Mods here. We are all different peeps here with our own views an opinions on public and personal matters. I can accept that other views are not the same as my views. We do need to be more tolerant but also we also need to be more respectful of others here at the same time.

19. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    #59 nodnar, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    hm. case-sensitive.i have no problem how yen handles it. but from your sermon it seems that you do..you say that you have been a mod elsewhere, okay.but first allow me to point out
    a little fact of life. once one registers on some forum, one has to read the rulez & regulatonzz . and you promise to stick with those. and, long ago, i did just that.and i clearly remember that
    it was stated there that the mods reserve every right do any nasty things with your posts.delete it, ban you, or whatever.let that sink in for a minute, please. so you said okay to that.
    and the mods here are exceedingly moderate.they deserve a compliment for that. ergo; conclusion; you have no business to complain. and if yen has a more personal style of moderating;
    that is only human, and sympathetic in my view. and yes, some posters do deserve a kick in the ass at times; and at times i catch myself thinking; if i was a mod here, i would ban him in 2 seconds flat.but at the same time i know it is not wisdom to do that.while the rulez &regulationzz say that this here is a totalitarian forum, i would not care for a totalitarian atmosphere.
    [ if you want to get an idea of how that looks, go have look at the nsane forum.it is on the doorstep from here, because it is fishing in the same pond as mdl. but it has no mods worth
    mentioning.] just my two cents.

20. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    "We do need to be more tolerant but also we also need to be more respectful of others here at the same time."

Says a man who is continuously and consistently abusive of others who do not share his views, without actually offering any views, who therefore only wants to be abusive... Swell, Joe...