respect for forum members

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by pm67310, Jul 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    hello, to all I notice that some members are not respectful towards the others, I think that each one must be able to freely express his thoughts, one is not obliged to be in agreement, my I suggest to each one to respect others, because whether we are young or old we all have something to contribute

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Any examples??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @abbodi1406 vs anyone...

:p no he's one of the kindest helpful smartest people around

Hmm sometimes @Mr.X vs @gorski :p

4. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    yes, that guy is right;there ought to be a law against it, lol :D

5. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Flapjack
    approx. 70g margarine
    3 tablespoons set honey
    3 or 4 teaspoons sugar
    3-7g decoration
    oats or muesli
    Warm the margarine up, add decoration, stir in honey and sugar
    Grease baking dish
    add oats/muesli until it hangs together
    Put in baking dish, pre-heated oven 150c. Allow about 15 minutes, then turn power off and check in another 5-10 mins. should be fine if brownish round the edges. leave to cool

6. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #6 Bat.1, Jul 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  7. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    #7 smallhagrid, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    Thanks Very Much for your repeatedly kind thoughts aimed towards myself, Bat.1, you are assuredly a very kind & thoughtful person who only wishes others well here. ( :rolleyes: )

All possible attempts at humour aside now=>
    I openly admit that I am a very happy former full-time windoze tech who has not only made the transition to Linux - AND who has also gotten all my remaining clients to where they are very happily using Linux as their only OS - none of whom are the least bit technically oriented - and ALL of whom are delighted with the utter reliability & stability of Linux.
    (And just to be clear, my IT career, support work & contacts remain in progress after over 20 years doing this, and it is only myself who has slowed down now that I've reached 'retirement age'.)

In point of fact, many here will likely have noticed that generally I have been very polite towards other members during the ~7 years I have been enjoying this site - but like all things in life, there ARE exceptions every now and again, which I stand by.
    (I do mostly avoid using the word 'respect' while favouring the specificity possible in using the word 'regard' with a modifier of high, low, or neutral so as to be as clear as possible after looking into the etymology of 'respect' to be sure that I was using it correctly & clearly...)

Also - when I am mistaken I do make corrections quite willingly as doing that is important to me, BUT:
    When folks come around like Kyrcy did, making their very 1st appearance in the Linux section as a strong negative, and are clearly very devout windoze users, my response is to try and show that it is just a single unhappy user - which I did in reply #28 in the thread which so inflamed Bat.1.

My reply was such an attempt at making this clear for the possible benefit of others, but - Kyrcy chose to see it as a personal attack (when I meant no such thing) and scolded me as such.

THEN, later, after some back & forth Bat.1 took those replies as an invitation to post this:
    Always ?? Really ?? Rather strongly stated AND can be taken as a personal attack upon myself as well.

Sorry to say Dear Bat.1 - but if within my almost 500 posts here I was such a terrible troll, it would make little sense to have ~360 'likes' here - and yes, I see in your only visible post stats that you have more 'likes' than posts - so congrats for that superb thing.
    (Which also likely shows how you must have done things which pleased others in the chat & serious discussion areas very much.)

I avoid posting in sections that seem to center upon strong emotional responses (as the chat & serious discussion areas seem to do).
    Mostly I make use of the Linux section these days because it IS what I use the most and it is my hope to encourage others to give it a FAIR trial before they solidify their choices.
    (Also, I have posted in the Virtualization, Android & Older OS sections a bit - but those are secondary interests for me.)

Of course, since Bat.1 chooses to hide their profile stats here from other members, the work-around is searching on username either by all sections and/or per section, which easily reveals all 6 of this member's total posts in the Linux section (ever) including 2 that are openly anti-Linux, and cite the 'fanboy' concept with visible contempt towards others.
    What this member observed within the other ~10 pages in that listing showed mostly posting in the windows, chat & serious discussion sections - and it seems doubtful that the site is making this stuff up, even if Bat.1 has tried to keep the stats hidden for whatever reason.

OK, it is about time to get back to work for me now.

Thanks so much to anyone bothering to read this;
    (And especially to Bat.1 for the time & efforts spent in flaming me !!)

Please know that from a prior (before IT work) occupation, I managed to inhale lots of asbestos, so it may be that I am somewhat 'flame proof' from the inside out - and definitely DO consider it funny when 'the pot calls the kettle black' as that old saying goes.:p

8. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    #8 Bat.1, Aug 1, 2020
    And Linux users wonder WHY STUPID "Windoze" users don't listen to dem more smarter folks o_O

Sorry but Bat do not feed Trolls before Eatin Dem :roflmao: WAT a Dumbass :rofl:

Just remember @smallhagrid when YOU Chose to make assumptions...You're only making an ass out of YOU Not Me ;)

9. smallhagrid

smallhagrid MDL Addicted

Sep 14, 2013
    #9 smallhagrid, Aug 1, 2020
    It would seem that with this bit...:
    This member shows a way of comprehending the writings of others that is rather limited, sadly.

I've presented facts, which s/he chose to regard as 'assumptions' - when s/he seems to be assuming that I harbour hostility and/or dislike towards those choosing to use windoze.

Yes - I poke fun at its name being too similar to pieces of glass or other transparent stuff, and I do also still use it myself (XP & Win2kPro), so why would I be hostile towards it ?!?

As a former full-time windoze tech I do not regard those using any OS as stupid at all, and I've worked with all the major PC type OSes during my career.

Again - interestingly enough, a very clear & obvious personal attack has been aimed here at me, whilst that other member is pointing the finger at me as 'the bad guy' - which does very solidly fit the definition of...never mind.

This is now truly unworthy of any further effort as my reply at #7 here was only made for the benefit of any more rational members who may care to look at the facts of the matter, which has been chosen to be escalated by that other user, whose hostilities are very clear for all to see in either thread mentioned herein.

Peace out.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    You never returned to your own thread so I guess the topic is not really important to you.
    You even did not name examples on demand...it's senseless to let it run.....->closed.