Windows 8.2 To Come With Big Changes In January 2014

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by twistedmike, Nov 19, 2013.

1. steven4554

steven4554 MDL Expert

Jul 12, 2009
    English please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M0rriss0n

M0rriss0n MDL Senior Member

Sep 17, 2011
  4. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    MJF:
    - win8 will RTM in Apr., 2012
    - win8.1 will be delivered once it is RTM, then later, No, win8.1 will be delivered in Oct....

PT: (the latest and famous)
    - win8.1 will ship on Aug. 1

lmfao. :laie:

5. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Amazes me the arrogance of M$ and the lack of intelligences to admit they made a mistake. It truly shows me it is run by kids at this stage and not seasoned engineers that see a problem and fix it not whine that they created it and try to prove it was not a mistake. Case in point, bring a half ass start menu back. Create a windows 8 that does not run in windows but full screen 1.0. Then take 2 years to slowly admit it. Hey M$ if you want to make a OS for phones and tablets do it, leave the large displays and multi taskers alone only metro app I want to run full screen is a game! Float your metro apps out the door!

Regards

6. Niekess

Niekess MDL Addicted

Mar 31, 2011
    Let me enjoy the PM too! :p
    I need my daily humor.. still lacking it.

7. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    sorry Niekess, i deleted that BS. I've sent it to Fkar and MSNDAA in PM. Perhaps they still have these pics ;)

8. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Windows 8 gave the first shocking changes that MS wanted to impose on to windows users where the world is a flat application and making more money back then and in the future.We ate that and became familiar with the new thing.I realize that it was a great improvement regarding the OS itself.Coming up with Windows 8.1 was another useless step towards changing our appreciation of the new style of Windows.I don't see much in 8.1 as an OS,though I expected much.Expecting 8.2 eagerly with great improvements is a exactly what MS wants us to do,the 'tomorrow will bring us heaven'.And we will go 'swallowing'.Well played MS.

9. SuperBubble

SuperBubble MDL Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I haven't been excited about an operating system since Server 2003 - though I did sit up and take notice of Vista a bit.

Meh. Another ever-so-slight tweak of over 20 year-old NT.

Bring on Singularity/Midori.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Why do you expect something really new from M$?
    Their marriage with Intel's x86 and x64 architecture and their destiny to remain backwards compatible will ever tie them to tweak NT.

Instead to develop a completely new OS they miss one thing after another. (Internet era and apps era).
    They do not listen to the real pros who have to work with their established monopolistic products.
    They mess up an desktop OS by integrating an ugly 'modern' UI and by removing that what makes their product to what it ever was......the start button with menu, their trademark....

The most embarrassing people are those who were convinced from the very first day that it will become a success.
    They laughed about those saying it is the wrong way....

Now M$ are going backwards themselves....

11. Cobra91151

Cobra91151 MDL Member

Jun 17, 2011
  12. Download-Fritz

Download-Fritz MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2011
    You have to be a really rich guy. Well, I mean, if you can afford more than the 167,8TB RAM the 64-bit architecture has to offer, you seem to have some Dollars aside. Also, Aero is a design and not a feature.

13. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Hey playing with 8.1 in vbox I noticed that the start up button default click is to open fullscreen 1.0, with its humongous icons, nicked the screen from hell. Hey M$ I don't do appz baby, most everything we need is open source, foobar, media player classic, and now a damn start button. When DOS went to Windows and the for the masses http came out you went to a "windowed" multi-task platform ..... get it?

Yen would you think that all that is required is an install option to not install this fullscreen Metro, or whatever they call it, on technical machines? I think they will shove this app interface down our throws. Appz, Appz backups, cloud from M$, is really not required for those that use this interface since it has storage, alternate install and backup configurations. There is enough appz for windows without a store and therefore it is destined to fail. You think these kids will die a slow death or understand what they have and keep it. It is like throwing away the phone cables because coaxial or cell towers came out. Diversify .......

Regards

14. denisw705

denisw705 MDL Junior Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Nop windows 8 not have next!! In first months 2014 coming windows 9 m1!

15. catanddog

catanddog MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2013
    I hate when they rollout releases too quickly

16. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    #99 Superfly, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013

Attached Files:

17. MSMG

MSMG MDL Developer

Jul 15, 2011