Windows Update MiniTool

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by shewolf, Sep 3, 2015.

1. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I'd like to see a list of what you don't consider bulls**t. I'll bet it's a very short list.

2. shewolf

shewolf MDL Senior Member

Apr 16, 2015
    #902 shewolf, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    (OP)
    As a child I had very high criteria, only with personal high criteria can you avoid yourself to create a buls**t and be happy with it. :laie:

:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DavidXanatos

DavidXanatos MDL Senior Member

May 23, 2010
    I build it with .NET 4.6.1

4. rayleigh_otter

rayleigh_otter MDL Expert

Aug 8, 2018
    Ok, perhaps you should add that as a note on the download page, a lot of users will only install a specific .net if they need it. Im on w7 with net3.5 only.

5. DavidXanatos

May 23, 2010
    Here is the new thread for the WuMgr: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/windows-update-manager.77736/

@shewolf
    I asked you if you would consider releasing the source of your tool, than there would be no need for a replica. but you've chosen not to reply, leaving me with no other option than to replicate the functionality.
    As you can read in the thread I made for it I have some plans on future features which windows 10 users desperately need, in my opinion.
    Adding more features to a open sourced WUMT would have been preferable, why do something someone else already did, but since it wasn't and giving up on my improvement ideas wasn't an option. I will just go with the option at hand that was creating a new tool from scratch.

We all saw what happened to classic shell, now imagine it would have been a closed source application, after 1709 people would have to live with this atrocity of a start menu M$ installed in windows 10.
    Given the importance of such tools to the windows world, a proprietary solution is not satisfying, the longevity and continuation of these sort of tools is of paramount importance, especially now with this terrible Windows as a Service approach from M$.

Open Source is the way to go, it allows large numbers of people to contribute, and to build up on already done work, liberating man kind
    from doing the same thing over an over again. When something is open source it only needs to be done once.
    If it is proprietary however it will need to be re made and re developed over and over and over again, that is a waist of humanity's time resources, we have better things to do.
    I my self would prefer to have spent the day on adding new features instead of first having to re implement the basics, but well ... now its done.

Cheers
    David X.

6. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    @shewolf did not write WUMT. The author is a russian named "stupid user."

7. DavidXanatos

May 23, 2010
    Yet the first opening post by shewolf says

PS: May be the author is using different Nick Names on different Forums, I havn't read shewolf denying being the author.

8. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    #909 shewolf, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    (OP)
    Access to this post is restricted!
    You're trying to open the post, written by @shewolf,
    but unfortunately it was marked as a draft (by the user himself or the UFO)
    :laie:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    #910 shewolf, Aug 26, 2018
    (OP)

10. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    #912 shewolf, Aug 27, 2018
    (OP)

11. Meesterlijk

Meesterlijk MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2011
    #913 Meesterlijk, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  13. pf100

pf100 Duct Tape Coder

Oct 22, 2010
    I assume that you know wumgr is in the early stages of development. Projects in the early stages of development don't work perfectly. But you seemingly would prefer that people stick with closed source WUMT that is quickly becoming outdated, and with UUP things are only getting worse with WUMT. There is no source code (and I know you aren't "stupid user" and that you don't have the source code). It cannot and obviously will never be updated. And if by some miracle WUMT is updated, by that time wumgr will have been under development long enough to work at least as well as WUMT. And what do you think people will pick, open source or closed source? Do you understand what I'm saying?

My question to you is, what are you going to say if wumgr is developed to the point that it works better than WUMT? What possible negative response will you be able to come up with then?

I feel sorry for you. You hate everything anybody does because everybody is stupid and you are the only smart person in the universe, and any effort to improve the Windows Update problem is just stupid to you. So instead of attacking Windows Update Manager, why don't you instead go back to attacking my script and leave @DavidXanatos the hell alone. Could you please do that? Thanks.

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  15. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
  16. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    #918 shewolf, Aug 31, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    (OP)
    I love you all :laie:

17. DavidXanatos

May 23, 2010
  18. shewolf

Apr 16, 2015
    #920 shewolf, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    (OP)
    How do I highlight the updates in the list?

Capture.PNG

Create a wumt_config.ini file in the program folder . Write in it the following code (yellow example):
    Code:
    In the MarkedUpdates section , enter the required update items, which will be highlighted. The number is unlimited, you can continue "win_ x _kb_ n = 1234567" and so on. The name can be any, the main thing that it was different from the others.
    The MarkedUpdatesColor section is responsible for the highlight color. It is optional, you can delete it. If this section is missing, then by default the color will be used as in the example.

different colors, change as you wish:

:eek: